• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC home page beta

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC home page beta

BBC - Homepage - Beta Version

Something for you to to cavil at

Where is the sport?

Comment

I only ever go to the news page on the BBC site anyway. Home page is largely irrelevent from my point of view.

Looks like it was designed to be used on a Tablet or Smart Phone, swipe left and right to change the main panel. Annoying with a mouse.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Where is the sport?
        Hard to say - oh hang on, what's that?

FFS...

Comment

Can't see the Wenger, where is the Wenger.

Comment

Like the Clock feel all retro.

Gone all Fumble-slab then? Will look nice on MCE.

could do with mouse over summaries, the titles are meant to be enticing but a description before clicking would be nice.

Wonder if they have paid MS tax?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Horizontal scrolling. Yeuch. (Might be ok on a i-thingy though)

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                I'm not a great fan of those sideways scrolling thingies either (carousels, to give them their proper title) - they're OK for things like mini-slideshows, but not for the primary content. Unfortunately they're the fashion at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I'm not a great fan of those sideways scrolling thingies either (carousels, to give them their proper title) - they're OK for things like mini-slideshows, but not for the primary content. Unfortunately they're the fashion at the moment
                  It worked so well at boo.com who started that trend off.

Thinking about it I think the page would work perfectly on a tablet but its a pile of ... in a window on a big desktop.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                    I hate horizontal scrolling.

With a passion.

Yes, it might be OK on a tablet or phone, but neither are where I read the news.

How long does the congregation think it will be before the mouse goes the way of the floppy?
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X