• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New neighbours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New neighbours

Dale Farm travellers finally move on to set up a new illegal site in Luton.

Oh dear.

If they're 'travellers' why do they want to settle in one place.
    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
      If they're 'travellers' why do they want to settle in one place.
      And if they are travelling, why the **** ever go to Luton?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        And if they are travelling, why the **** ever go to Luton?

Cousin Suity has offered to put them up.

<Placeholder for Thread>
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I do have some sympathy for the so called travellers. There are wider issues and the law of the land is not applied evenly and equally. Just one example is one local developer built a new block of flats without planning permission. Retrospective permission was applied for six months after completion. No penalties were imposed.

If some wealthy corporate is doing something wrong you won’t get an army of bailiffs and police intervening.

Much common land has been illegally taken over by various enterprises and nothing is said or done about it.

Follow me on twatterface.
          Last edited by Paddy; 21 September 2011, 15:37.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            If some wealthy corporate is doing something wrong you won’t get an army of bailiffs and police intervening.
            Wealthy people do not have a habit of dumping 5 ton of tar mac on your drive when you are at work and screaming "where is the gaffer, t'is what was asked for by the gaffer, 600 pound owed to me by gaffer and you will pay it now" when you get back.

Give me a wealthy neighbour over a tinker any day.

Comment

Just a thought, if they are of Irish origin, why don't they return to Ireland?
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Coz those nasty railway people won't let them take their ponies on the train?
                I had no idea the Anglo-Irish tunnel was open yet.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Wealthy people do not have a habit of dumping 5 ton of tar mac on your drive when you are at work and screaming "where is the gaffer, t'is what was asked for by the gaffer, 600 pound owed to me by gaffer and you will pay it now" when you get back.

Give me a wealthy neighbour over a tinker any day.
                  When I was working away Europe I came back home to find scaffolding erected in my back garden for a neighbouring building being converted into flats. No permission was sort or even notice given. I did not have time to get a Court Order. I faxed a letter to the developers. Two weeks latter I came back to find the scaffolding removed and a load of unwanted bricks and sand dumped in the same place.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                    I had no idea the Anglo-Irish tunnel was open yet.

The Irish put the train on the ferry.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X