• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Read any good books recently?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read any good books recently?

Can anyone recommend anything worth reading regards S/W architecture?

I've heard "Design Patterns:elements of reusable object-oriented software" is a real pot-boiler. Has anyone else found this to be true?

Any other recommendations?

You don't so much 'read' Design Patterns as leaf through the introductory chapter to get the gist of what it's all about, then leave it on your desk for a year until its bits somehow get into your brain. But it is good.

Comment

Definitely read Design Patterns if you haven't.

2 more:

Domain-Driven Design, by Eric Evans (very good)
      Beyond Software Architecture, forgot the author (good)

You can check the reviews on Amazon

Comment

Comment

Is that translated from the urdu...?
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I recommend

The Bible: Mind programming for Dummies

Comment

I recently read Thoughts of Chairman Mao. Very interesting reading. I found it on the bookcase while having a clearout the other day. It used to belong to Mrs Lucifer's ex-girlfriend's father, who was a shop steward and never went anywhere without it.

Comment

After reading this I feel that I have sinned by writing something useful Well, sooner or later someone will probably post some boobs and the thread will go to Light Relief again...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                  "It used to belong to Mrs Lucifer's ex-girlfriend's father"
                  Mrs Lucifer had a girlfriend?

I say! Ding dong!

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by bored
                    After reading this I feel that I have sinned by writing something useful Well, sooner or later someone will probably post some boobs and the thread will go to Light Relief again...
                    Yep, don't worry, it was much appreciated by me. You'll find most of the people here are OK if a little on the p1ss taker-ish side.

Oh yeah, if you want to make friends, it helps if you read the daily mail.

Comment

Working...
                    X