• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Airmiles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airmiles

who are you a member of?

what level?

which is the best in terms of minimal number of flights against benefits earned?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    who are you a member of?

what level?

which is the best in terms of minimal number of flights against benefits earned?
    just taken a BMI credit card out they give 1.5 airmiles for every £ spent, considering i spend about £1k a month on my card, i'm hoping to build up some miles pretty quick, i think they also give you around 500 miles if you spend £250 in the first month

Comment

I have several different air-miles accounts, but for some reason most of the flights don't get credited. I book on-line, checkin on-line, print my own boarding pass etc. I think there is a bug in the system.

So I never have enought miles to take a flight.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        I have several different air-miles accounts, but for some reason most of the flights don't get credited. I book on-line, checkin on-line, print my own boarding pass etc. I think there is a bug in the system.

all airmile accounts allow you to retro credit flights

another slightly related question, who in your opinion has the best quality service?
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I thought this was a thread about the airmile changes that people are complaining about
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I have a handful of miles with BA and Continental's program but not enough to go anywhere really. I have top tier with KLM and can therefore (depending on ticket type) rack up miles quite quickly as I get double.

KLM service is generally ok and they have lounge access in most airports.

The kicker with miles is that you still have to pay the taxes. For my last trip this was €400 each plus 25K miles each way per person!

If I had the choice, for long haul it would be Virgin or BA, for short hall they are all much the same IMHO (excluding "budget airlines").

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              all airmile accounts allow you to retro credit flights another slightly related question, who in your opinion has the best quality service?
              You can if you remember to keep all the details to fill out their form, which will have a mandatory field for the one bit of information you don't have.

For short-haul Europe, I like Air Berlin, for long-haul business class, I like Air France. Different parts of the world I like different airlines, but would not travel BA.
              Last edited by alreadypacked; 23 September 2011, 09:24.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I noticed when I flew regularly with KLM that certain bookings got more air mile credits than others. It might be the case that the bookings you're making are not eligible for air miles
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  I noticed when I flew regularly with KLM that certain bookings got more air mile credits than others. It might be the case that the bookings you're making are not eligible for air miles
                  No, I get statements like this:

Status miles collected: 5,118 ....... Flights completed: 4
                  Status miles to be collected: 14,882 ....... Flights to be completed: 20

I would have to find the flight details for 20 flight and fill in 20 forms, it would be cheaper just to pay for the flight.
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Status miles to be collected: 14,882 ....... Flights to be completed: 20[/COLOR]
                    Does this refer to flights you have taken or flights you will need to take to maintain or promote your card status?
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X