• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob's gone missing in Amsterdam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob's gone missing in Amsterdam

Yesterday evening, director and PM took the team out for dinner and drinkies in Amsterdam. After a very enjoyable dinner with 9 people, 4 of us set off to the station to get our respective trains back to hotels or home. The group of 4 was; yours truly, a Latin American permie who studied philosophy and talks about football all the time (we'll call him Socrates), a Dutch work experience student we'll call Henk, and our Bob. Socrates and I walked in front as we both knew the way, and Bob and Henk followed close behind us. We were on a street that's not part of the Wallen, is mostly pubs and restaurants but nevertheless includes a couple of houses of professional luuurvemaking. About twenty metres beyond one such house, where three admittedly quite attractive young ladies were standing in the windows wearing only lingerie, there was a pub, so Socrates and I decided 'let's stop for a quick drinky'. So we stopped, turned around to invite Bob and Henk in for a drink and they were gone. Vanished.

This morning, Socrates and I arrived with our usual tardiness, expecting Bob and Henk to be hard at work, seeing as they usually start work at about 0730h. Neither were here. Bob's not answering his phone and we don't have Henk's phone number. Should we go and look for them, and if so, where should we look?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Is he there yet?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      Is he there yet?
      Yep, he arrived about 10 minutes ago. He's a bit groggy.

Comment

Happens to everyone in Amsterdam.

Spent a happy 6 months there working about 10 years ago.

Comment

Had that happen in The Hague about a decade ago. American guy from Kansas who didn't drink very much joined in with a massive drinking session in Scheveningen at a club along the beach front. For some reason we were all drinking Vodka and Red Bull throughout the night, must have been a deal at the strip club we were at. American didn't turn up the next day until after 11am compared to his usual of exactly on time. Even then, when he did turn up, he couldn't sit still, he lasted 10 minutes before he had to go for a walk around the block. He left early that day, went straight to bed at about 5pm and that was him until the next day

He looked a bit green every time we invited him out after that...

Comment

I'm a pretty healthy drinker myself, but during one of my best ever consultancy gigs, in Southern Florida, I went out with the client on a massive session. It was like one of those American movies, like the Hangover (but not as exciting, obviously).

I can't even remember where we started the night, but 3 of us (me and a bloke and a woman from the office) ended up at a Swingers club at 2am, of which this woman was quite familiar. I was proper trashed and ended up paying for entry for all of us, something like $200 and shouting at the top of my voice "Oh yeah I'm gonna f*** someone now oh yeah!!" etc etc. Come on, I was in my 20s and enjoying it.

As for what happened next, that remains in Florida.

Suffice to say, I was absent from the office the next day. But as a permie consultant, it was a paid sick day

Comment

Bob isn't saying what happened; we asked him where he went and he just gave us the head wobble.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Bob isn't saying what happened; we asked him where he went and he just gave us the head wobble.
                I bet he copped off with Henk down an alleyway, then hit the bars.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                X