• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For when you're on the bench. ;)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For when you're on the bench. ;)

BBC News - Homegrown cannabis boom fired up by cash-strapped middle class
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

KUATB

Comment

Hmm. Don't approve of drugs but that article certainly makes one think that there is good money to be made illegally. Maybe I could start a whorehouse in my garden shed. I was going to make lots of bottles of xoggoth wine but the bloody birds ate all our grapes.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Those houses must light up like candles in infra red. Easy meat surely.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Those houses must light up like candles in infra red. Easy meat surely.
          Not if it's just one room. As the article says, the houses that are easy to spot using infra red cameras are those where the entire premises has been given over to growing.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Not if it's just one room. As the article says, the houses that are easy to spot using infra red cameras are those where the entire premises has been given over to growing.
            I wouldn't want to bet on it. How much heat are we speaking about here? I assume it's a fair wack above average the average household.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              I wouldn't want to bet on it. How much heat are we speaking about here? I assume it's a fair wack above average the average household.
              According to this handy online calculator, a 12 foot by 8 foot room will need about 4800 watts of lighting for optimal growing conditions.

The gas discharge lamps that site seems to recommend are around 15% efficient, so the energy wasted generating heat will be around 4000 watts. That's about the same as keeping granny warm with a four-bar electric fire, so nowhere near enough to attract the attention of a thermal imaging helicopter in a respectable residential area.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Hmm. Don't approve of drugs but that article certainly makes one think that there is good money to be made illegally. Maybe I could start a whorehouse in my garden shed. I was going to make lots of bottles of xoggoth wine but the bloody birds ate all our grapes.
                Don't let the council find out:
                Havant Council bans NHS worker Victoria Campbell from living in her parents' shed | Mail Online
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Very interesting but how would you deal with the distinctive smell (hypothetically, of course )?
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    Very interesting but how would you deal with the distinctive smell (hypothetically, of course )?
                    By smoking copious numbers of joints in the back garden. Then the neighbours will just think you're a dope head
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X