• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rate increase tips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rate increase tips

Currently in extension negotiation with the agency. Client definitely wants me to stay for at least 3 more months.

I've asked for a rate increase but the agency want me to justify it.
    The real reason is that the contract is extemely dull and I'm just delaying them sending me a contract incase anything else pops up.

Obviously I can't tell the agency that, so what can I tell them?

and for the record: I AM NOT EXPECTING SERIOUS ANSWERS
    Coffee's for closers

The cost of Fine Wines, Gold Diamonds, Victorian Paintings and Diamonds have soared in recent times and you need to put your rates up.

Jeeves also wants a raise.

Sorted.

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Dear Agent

Due to prevailing economic conditions and increasing doubts about creditworthiness of major clientcos, we at MyCo have been forced to take the decision to raise our rates by 20%, reflecting economic uncertainties in the marketplace.

Always looking at new ways to serve you,

regards

Spacecadet
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I would tell them the 3 months ext would mean you would be looking for a new role in January, maybe not find anything until Feb.
        The rate is to cover your down time.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Mention you have become addicted to coke and need the extra cash to pay your dealer.

Comment

See if you can retrieve one of those nauseating e-mails the wbanks sent to contractors demanding rate cuts last time they went to the government for an income support cheque, replace a few words and send it.

Comment

Dear agent,

Due to international money-market fluctuations and the rising cost of textiles I require an increase in my daily rate to £x. Without this rate rise I will no longer be able to dress appropriately for work and will revert to wearing mankinis while in the office.

If you feel that the rate rise is excessive, please let me know and we can negotiate. For example, give me an extra £10 per day and I'll be able to afford to wear shorts over my mankini on at least two days per week, increase that to £30 and I'll wear them every day. Alternatively, if you swing that way, for an extra £50 per day, I'll wear a branded mankini with your agency's name on the top part of the butt thong.

Yours sincerely,

Spacecadet
              Director, SpacecadetCo Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                The cost of Fine Wines, Gold Diamonds, Victorian Paintings and Diamonds have soared in recent times and you need to put your rates up.

Jeeves also wants a raise.

Sorted.

we should have been buying claret rather than gold.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  we should have been buying claret rather than gold.
                  I was. Have never regretted it. Hic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    I was. Have never regretted it. Hic.
                    Brings a whole new meaning to the term 'pissed it up against the wall'.

Comment

Working...
                    X