• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London Drinks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London Drinks?

I've been on CUK for a while, but never turned up at one of the events.

Now I've just started a new contract in London, is there a plan to have drinks one evening soon?

It'll be good / interesting / (possibly weird) to put names to faces - no, other way round, faces to names
    And on the eighth day God said, "Okay, Murphy, you're in charge!"

Maybe next week, am occupied this.

How about here

Counting House Cornhill

Wednesday 5th October, from 5:30 ish?
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Sounds good to me

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        Sounds good to me
        How do people that don't know whom to look for find you? Do you have a CUK banner above a corner or something?

Comment

Originally posted by manclarky View Post
          How do people that don't know whom to look for find you? Do you have a CUK banner above a corner or something?
          It's easy, I'm the one slumped in the corner dribbling with an empty bottle of Jack lying beside me.

Alternatively you can reserve a table for CUK and see which oddballs sit down at it.

Comment

Oops, looks like I scared him off. Still, it's better he knows what these meet-ups are like before he turns up

Comment

Really sorry but it turns out (letter when I got home last night) my daughter has a performance that I told her I would come to. Why the school only give a weeks notice of when its actually going to be I don't know.

Sorry won't be able to make the Wednesday, if you can manage a move to Thursday, that is fine, but as it currently stands I will be in a theatre.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Oops, looks like I scared him off. Still, it's better he knows what these meet-ups are like before he turns up
                Wasn't scared off - I was going to be looking for someone slumped with a bottle of Jack next to them!

SM - I wasn't bothered what night, although Friday isn't possible as i'm on the train back up north to wife and kids!

Comment

Originally posted by manclarky View Post
                  Wasn't scared off - I was going to be looking for someone slumped with a bottle of Jack next to them!

SM - I wasn't bothered what night, although Friday isn't possible as i'm on the train back up north to wife and kids!
                  Yeah, a lot of people can't do Fridays for that reason, and a few head up on Thursday night and work from home Friday which is why we usually do Wednesdays. Best thing to do is pick a date, set it in stone and see who can make it. If you try to please everyone nothing will ever happen.

Comment

Yeah, a lot of people can't do Fridays for that reason, and a few head up on Thursday night and work from home Friday which is why we usually do Wednesdays. Best thing to do is pick a date, set it in stone and see who can make it. If you try to please everyone nothing will ever happen.
                    Ok, will leave as Wednesday to avoid confusion.

@manclarky - How long is the contract. Will try and say hi at another drinks. Enjoy the smoke.

Comment

Working...
                    X