• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help yourself comedy sketch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help yourself comedy sketch

Anyone remember a version of Tom Jones' "Help yourself", where the singer's arms get longer and longer?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

No. Do you remember a puppet parrot that kept going "Cognac" ?

PS I do remember Kenny Everret's impression of Rod Stewart where his bum kept getting bigger.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I want to find a video of it, as we're putting it into a scene of this year's panto. I've tried Kenny Everett, Russ Abbott, Morcambe and Wise and the Two Ronnies. But no luck yet. I reckoned some of the older member here might remember.

Comment

What show was it on? e.g. Morecambe & Wise? Not that I'm suggesting it was that show. I assume the whole show wasn't entirely Tom Jones singing "Help yourself" with his arms getting longer, because the novelty would wear off after a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          What show was it on? e.g. Morecambe & Wise? ...
          That's what I'm trying to find out. Strongest contenders according to my failing memory are M&W or Kenny Everett. But drawn a blank on finding any record of it on t'internet.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Anyone remember a version of Tom Jones' "Help yourself", where the singer's arms get longer and longer?
            Sounds like a comic relief to me.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Sounds like a comic relief to me.
              Why aren't you watching Dr. Who?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Why aren't you watching Dr. Who?
                I'll watch it on catchup after the kids are asleep.

I go upstairs get my long coat out, massive scarf, hat, packet of jelly babies and a picture of Adric(got rest his soul) then come back down and settle down.

Everything must be just so.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I'll watch it on catchup after the kids are asleep.

I go upstairs get my long coat out, massive scarf, hat, packet of jelly babies and a picture of Adric(got rest his soul) then come back down and settle down.

Everything must be just so.
                  That's what I thought I'd do for the F1 qualifying. I've got my fire resistant underwear and helmet on ready to watch it on recorded, but have discovered that my video decided not to record again. I did catch a glimpse of what I thought was Coultard interviewing Schumacher when I was in town, and Eddie Jorden laughing when it ended. Might have been good and now I'll never know.

Comment

Are you sure it was Tom Jones? I can't find it.

Comment

Working...
                    X