• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Painful Incudent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painful Incudent

Was a out to do some gardening this afternoon. Went down the greengouse, to get my dives. Out the loft hand one on and suddenly OUCH!! THER was. A wasps in the end of one of the fingers and it sting me on my end of the index finger.

That's my right land out of action again. Was going up the services to play on the fruitees tonight. Had to can that idea. Not sure I'll ne going to work either. Cat see myself pounding away over a keyboard while its throbbing like dis.

It was painful just reading that, I think I need to lie down
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I have a fear of wasps and bees, they scare me shiitless, but after 50 years on this earth, never been stung.

My youngest however, was stung twice before she was two...

Basically, when one comes near you, run away in a panicky flap like a girl and they go away. Or maybe a human can run faster than a wasp can fly?

Tis what I do.

stek machine, zero stings.....

Comment

Hello RichardCranium.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          I have a fear of wasps and bees, they scare me shiitless, but after 50 years on this earth, never been stung.

My youngest however, was stung twice before she was two...

Basically, when one comes near you, run away in a panicky flap like a girl and they go away. Or maybe a human can run faster than a wasp can fly?

Tis what I do.

stek machine, zero stings.....
          You need to go for the wasp slap. Slowly, slowly withdraw. Not panicking at the sting flying thing around you, you draw back. Calmly, softly, quietly....

Then BANG! You little bastard!

Works for me but every now and then you get stung.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

NO! You bastards - waspies are lovely.

I have rescued them from pub windows before, just pick them up, if you do it gently they don't sting. Only time I have been stung is like you did, putting a hand on them accidentally. Hardly feel it, not like nettles - that still itches after hours.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

I have rescued them from pub windows before, just pick them up, if you do it gently they don't sting. Only time I have been stung is like you did, putting a hand on them accidentally. Hardly feel it, not like nettles - that still itches after hours.
              When I was in Swansea recently, in the Uplands Tavern, my mate's half empty pint was invaded by a wasp, we watched it float in there, drinking an effective 568 pints in two minutes and it was still twitching.

Bastard wasp never got a round in...

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                Was a out to do some gardening this afternoon. Went down the greengouse, to get my dives. Out the loft hand one on and suddenly OUCH!! THER was. A wasps in the end of one of the fingers and it sting me on my end of the index finger.

That's my right land out of action again. Was going up the services to play on the fruitees tonight. Had to can that idea. Not sure I'll ne going to work either. Cat see myself pounding away over a keyboard while its throbbing like dis.
                You'll have to use your left hand.
                It feels like someone else is doing it

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Don't listen to Xoggoth boy and girls, he tells lies. He is the deceiver, the trickster, the swindler, the enticer. Believe not what Xoggoth says boy and girls for it is will know, that wasps are the spawn of Satan.

Google

Repent! REPENT!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

If you run from a wasp they just get caught in your slipstream like in F1 racing and follow you
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X