• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for the Experts: Easy Jet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the Experts: Easy Jet

Morning All,

Benes Invoicing Ltd and family are going to be flying Easy Jet.

I paid with the booking for one piece of luggage per person.

I've heard a lot about people getting stung by the low cost airlines for hidden charges.

Can Experts please give advice, what should we watch out for regarding
    hidden charges when flying Stavros Jet ?

eg, size / weight of hand lúggage

size / weight of the piece of luggage which we paid for for each person

etc

Thanks,

Milan.

All a bit late now considering you said you've paid for the booking.

Comment

Read their T's & C's, weigh your luggage. Sorted. Next?
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        Read their T's & C's, weigh your luggage. Sorted. Next?
        It's Milan we're talking about here.....

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          Can Experts please give advice, what should we watch out for regarding
          hidden charges when flying Stavros Jet ?

eg, size / weight of hand lúggage

size / weight of the piece of luggage which we paid for for each person
          At check-in, they will have a small box into which you will need to insert each individual piece of luggage to ascertain that the dimensions are suitable.
          You will probably be fine with your man-bag, but your missus may struggle if she has a bag bigger than the average sandwich pack.
          As for the kids, you might get away with £40 a pop, first offence.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I flew EasyJet in April and found their baggage allowance fairly generous at 20Kg per person.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

I can get my entire camping gear through Ryanair's allocation in my sports bag, as long as I take a hammock rather than a tent. It would work out cheaper to buy a tent at the destination and stash it there afterwards than pay for hold luggage for a tent.

I took my rucksack with me once this year too, which meant it was destined for the hold (metal + sharp bits). I caused a bit of a fuss at check-in as I had secured my tent to the outside of it too, plus a cheap beach parasol that I'd bought. I thought I'd seen other backpackers secure stuff to the outside of their rucksacks in the past; roll mats etc, but they said they'd never seen it done before. They let me put it through a special check in desk in the end. Coming back was a different matter. They wouldn't take my beach umbrella, said it counted as 3 items (which would have cost a fortune) and I had to force my tent into my rucksack. And the people in security had a good laugh when I tried to put my beach umbrella through security instead. Well, when I say laugh, I mean their eyes went wide as saucers. It's two metal polls with a stabby bit on, and that was the last I saw of my beach umbrella.

Comment

Easy jet operate a 1 piece of hand luggage policy (not always enforced). this includes ladies hand bags, bum bags and lap tops. It all has to be in one had luggage case/bag. They will make you pack it all in or force you to check in the extra bag. The extra check in will be charged for.
                Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                  Easy jet operate a 1 piece of hand luggage policy (not always enforced). this includes ladies hand bags, bum bags and lap tops. It all has to be in one had luggage case/bag. They will make you pack it all in or force you to check in the extra bag. The extra check in will be charged for.
                  They don't search you though, yet. Stuff a bum bag down yer trousers and a handbag in your bra and you're sorted. I wear cargo trousers with huge pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    They don't search you though, yet. Stuff a bum bag down yer trousers and a handbag in your bra and you're sorted. I wear cargo trousers with huge pockets.
                    Cargo trousers and my "Partridge" poachers coat. No luggage required.
                    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Working...
                    X