• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where to find a salesman?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to find a salesman?

Where is the best place to acquire the services of a sales person for a 'plan B' product that I am working on?

Being a tight git, I'd rather not pay anyone until results are acheived - is this viable do you think?

I could do it myself but...well being a techie I'm not sure that would be the best approach!

Do you means salesperson or tele marketing to generate leads?

Do you need a physical body to bang on doors and travel the UK pitching to buyers?

Comment

Both really.

Just need someone to deliver the corporate BS stuff that I really can't be bothered with.

Comment

An interesting question. You'd think there were a bunch of salesmen who would work on a no-win, no fee basis. Or is setting up such a service a Plan B on its own?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105
          Where is the best place to acquire the services of a sales person for a 'plan B' product that I am working on?

Being a tight git, I'd rather not pay anyone until results are acheived - is this viable do you think?

I could do it myself but...well being a techie I'm not sure that would be the best approach!

The problem is - if you employ a salesman he/she has to have a backup - someone to answer the phones to take the leads etc. (although you can get tele companies to do this for you)

He or she will need a car ( or an allowance for using their own)

He or she will need holiday / sickness cover

If you pay commision only then that will limit the amount (& type) of applicants you get

what you want is a mix of basic + commision suffiecient to get the calibre of people to put bums on seats or whatever it is you want to sell

Also it depends on your target audience - if you are selling to city institutions then your salesman will have to be top notch... upside = potential big sales downside= the package (& the product) has to be good enough to attract the right people & your costs go up..

Not sure this is something you can do on the cheap...

Comment

If you can't be bothered to sell your product, it shows your not cut out for life as an Entrepreneur.

Stick to writing code and leave the big stuff to people like me and Syed

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
              If you can't be bothered to sell your product, it shows your not cut out for life as an Entrepreneur.

Stick to writing code and leave the big stuff to people like me and Syed
              You're

FFS, HTH.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Wrong!

Comment

Right!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    Wrong!
                    Wrong yourself...