• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those big spiders in the house this time of the year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those big spiders in the house this time of the year

can't remember what they're called, but seems like we've got loads. Catching at least 3 or 4 every week, brazenly walking around our lounge!

I'm theorising that we have a nest in the house, and frankly, catching them one at a time is getting laborious. I want to destroy the mothership.

Anyone know how to get rid of them, I mean like in an Ant Stop kinda way?

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    I want to destroy the mothership.
    You will have to go to the Delta to find out their secret

Comment

Tegenaria Gigantea. I posted a thread about them a while back.

Males looking for females and get into houses by accident, no idea how to keep the bastards out but they'll stop coming into the house in the next week or so.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          can't remember what they're called, but seems like we've got loads. Catching at least 3 or 4 every week, brazenly walking around our lounge!

I'm theorising that we have a nest in the house, and frankly, catching them one at a time is getting laborious. I want to destroy the mothership.

Anyone know how to get rid of them, I mean like in an Ant Stop kinda way?
          I like them. Bigger the better.

Comment

You want to get some conkers. Not that they actually keep spiders out, that's a myth, but if they're big enough youll have something to throw.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I like them. Bigger the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                Tegenaria Gigantea. I posted a thread about them a while back.

Males looking for females and get into houses by accident, no idea how to keep the bastards out but they'll stop coming into the house in the next week or so.
                Hmm, horny spiders. Maybe he's got a female in the house.

Comment

You mean nice little spiders, almost as cute as waspies. Lots of cellar spiders in the downstairs bog too. The wife isn't allowed to touch them.

The real mystery is woodlice in our new conservatory. Have searched everywhere and found not a single place they could be getting in. All the doors/windwows seal properly and there's no gaps anywhere. Spend my time rescuing them before they get all dry and expire.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 26 September 2011, 22:19.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    You mean nice little spiders, almost as cute as waspies. Lots of cellar spiders in the downstairs bog too. The wife isn't allowed to touch them.
                    And how does Mr Mephistopheles, sorry I mean Mr Xoggoth feel about rats????
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X