• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know all that Pink Floyd stuff you bought on vinyl, CD, cassette & whatever?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know all that Pink Floyd stuff you bought on vinyl, CD, cassette & whatever?

Well you can buy it all again again:

Pink Floyd: Remastered Collection

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older.

The Dark Side Of The Moon [2011 - Original Recording Remastered]: Pink Floyd: Amazon.co.uk: Music

Stone me, no wonder it's £88.93.

Last edited by zeitghost; 5 May 2017, 11:22.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    WTF.

It's still the same 10 songs right?

Or is it just Money with a laughter track in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      WTF.

It's still the same 10 songs right?

Or is it just Money with a laughter track in the background.
      There are about 8 versions of it in the pack.
      Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
        There are about 8 versions of it in the pack.
        Can't I just put my old CD on repeat and pass out in a drug fuelled haze like in college or do I have to keep swapping them.

Comment

I have an LP in the attic - genuine authentic 1970s (or whatever it was) scratches, only £500.

PS Is there anyone who has ever actually bothered copying their LP collection onto CD or have they, like me, just kept a record player and box of LPs in the attic for 30+ years with the intention of doing so?
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I converted a few LPs onto minidisc and later CD as they weren't available in those formats at the time. May still not be available, I don't care, I have it in a good enough format.

I'm surprised the music industry didn't try to get SACD and other super-duper audio formats beyond CD to be more popular, so they could re-sell the same music to a whole new bunch of mugs.

Remastering is the same ethos from a different angle (find a new way to sell the same music to the same person). Especially when in some cases you can't really tell much difference. I'll choose the 'free upgrade path' thank you.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Whats a cassette?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                I have an LP in the attic - genuine authentic 1970s (or whatever it was) scratches, only £500.

PS Is there anyone who has ever actually bothered copying their LP collection onto CD or have they, like me, just kept a record player and box of LPs in the attic for 30+ years with the intention of doing so?
                I have a large collection of LPs and still have a record player in the living room which I still use a lot. Never bothered copying things, and I still buy LPs from time to time, including new albums.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I was always wary of LPs wearing out after many plays. They seemed to lose their dynamic edge, though maybe that was just psychological, or the needle wearing.

Also don't keep them in the loft unless it's well insulated from the elements. Some of my dads old records have warped in the extreme summer temperatures.

For those reasons I backed up the rarer stuff into digital.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

the needle wearing.
                    Where do you get needles for ancient players these days?

Bit late to worry about the warping now.

Re cassettes, they are still very much in use and likely to remain so. No real substitute for recording phone calls etc. Can't quite trust memory and even if there is a small CD recording machine they take several seconds to be ready.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X