• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Bank Account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Bank Account

I went to open a business bank account with Barclay's yesterday and the business account manager could not start the application because he was unable to identify my company based on the company number.

The company is registered correctly, I can see it on the companies house website. However the guy at the bank said that the system was not able to find the company yet since it was only formed 2 days ago.

Any idea how long it takes the banks to update their systems?

I have no idea about that... but would recommend you take a look at Santander over Barclays...

Comment

Not sure. As an alternatively, would they not accept a copy or certified copy of the company certificate?

Comment

They need to be able to lookup the company on their computer system to conduct a credit check on the company as well as me (the director).

Comment

Sounds silly, but make sure the spaces are in the right place. I've had trouble with this before when purchasing in the co name.

Comment

Working...
          X