• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody criminal!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody criminal!

Prisoners demand more Sky Sports - Telegraph

Inmates at a jail in South Wales already have Sky Sports 1, but have lodged a formal complaint with the prison authorities that they do not also get Sky Sports 2 and 3.

The limited choice of channels meant criminals missed out on watching Brighton play Liverpool in the Carling Cup last Wednesday night – and seeing Manchester City play Everton on Saturday.

The fight for "sports rights" led David Davies, the MP for Monmouth, to point out that many people outside prison could not afford the channels. "It beggars belief they are complaining about this – I haven't even got Sky Sports myself," he said.

Officials at HMP Parc in Bridgend, South Wales, a Category B prison, said prisoners were allowed Sky Sports 1 for good behaviour.

But one officer complained: "They can spend all day watching Sky Sports 1. But they're hacked off because they don't have Sky Sports 2 and 3. They've been moaning it is a breach of their human rights.

I didn't realise a Sky subscription was now part of our hooman rights? Learn something new everyday....thankyou Europe.

I'd refuse on safety grounds - having more than one TV channel in prison will lead to fights trying to decide which one to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I'd refuse on safety grounds - having more than one TV channel in prison will lead to fights trying to decide which one to watch.
      for AtW for at last saying something sensible!

I'd expand on this by suggesting that channel should consist of endless repeats of Gardeners World programmes, pre Rachel de Thame era.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Before this season SKY coverage was never an issue for Welsh prisoners.

You'll notice it wasn't the HMP Cardiff prisoners complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          In which case they will then have reason to demand a TV each.
          Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Sky Sports?

Sod Sky Sports 2 & 3, I would be requesting Babestation.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakySimon View Post
              Sod Sky Sports 2 & 3, I would be requesting Babestation.
              You'd prefer to be in a cell with a lot of horny convicts?

Comment

Sky

Hey, if I was in prison for long enough then why not.....

Comment

Working...
                X