• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Internet Bigot facing Prison

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Bigot facing Prison

Have we done this?

Deferring sentence for background reports, Sheriff Bill Totten told Birrell: "What you wrote was vile and hateful there is no place for these kind of remarks in our city or in our country."

Sheriff Totten told Birrell that his comments could encourage impressionable people to behave in this way and were unacceptable.

He added: "You should be under no doubt very real harm does result from this. A substantial custodial sentence will probably have to be imposed in this case."
    beebylinky

At least Incognito has brains enough to PM me that kind of stuff in private.

Comment

Why is this guy treated any different to numerous other religious forums.
      There are any number of Islamic web sites with members calling for all kinds of punishments to infidels.
      I do not see those people facing prison.

** I find his attitude and behaviour distasteful and would gladly see him locked up assuming that the same law would be applied to all.
      Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
        There are any number of Islamic web sites with members calling for all kinds of punishments to infidels.

** I find his attitude and behaviour distasteful and would gladly see him locked up assuming that the same law would be applied to all.
        If the Islamic posters were involved in any way with a football club the law would come down very very heavy on them !

Comment

All this hate speech stuff is overdone. Unless is directed at an individual or a serious incitement to violence or discrimination against a group, it should be decriminalised. So often it seems to be used to prevent free expression of opinion.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post

Report them to the police hate crime squad or whatever if you're worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Have we done this?

beebylinky
              Free speech. You can always ignore him. I don't agree with him, but free speech is no longer.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

The thread title should have read "Scottish Internet Bigot facing Prison"

But other than that his comments appeared to be no more than a puerile football centric rant and not worthy of invoking the thought police.

The world has definitely gone mad

Comment

Not as good as:

BBC News - Reading man jailed for dead girl 'trolling' insults
                  "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Report them to the police hate crime squad or whatever if you're worried.
                    I am more the other way around as I thought was clear from my post. I do not see why he has been done rather than wanting to see them done.
                    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Working...
                    X