• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Q & A with Dr Doodab

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q & A with Dr Doodab

El stupido: Does a reporting data exist?
    Dr Doodab: Probably

Yet another wtf moment to add to the ever growing list.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    el boss: Does a reporting data exist?
    Doodab the itinerant minion: Probably

yet another wtf moment to add to the ever growing list.
    ftfy.
    Hth, bidi.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Iain M Banks View Post
      “There was nothing worse, Veppers thought, than a loser who’d made it. It was just part of the way things worked – part of the complexity of life, he supposed – that sometimes somebody who absolutely deserved nothing more than to be one of the down-trodden, the oppressed, the dregs of society, lucked out into a position of wealth, power and admiration. At least people who were natural winners knew how to carry themselves in their pomp, whether their ascendancy had come through the luck of being born rich and powerful or the luck of being born ambitious and capable. Losers who’d made it always let the side down. Veppers was all for arrogance – he possessed the quality in full measure himself, as he’d often been informed – but it had to be deserved, you had to have worked for it. Or at the very least, an ancestor had to have worked for it. Arrogance without cause, arrogance without achievement – or that mistook sheer luck for true achievement – was an abomination. Losers made everybody look bad. Worse, they made the whole thing – the great game that was life – appear arbitrary, almost meaningless. Their only use, Veppers had long since decided, was as examples to be held up to those who complained about their lack of status or money or control over their lives: look, if this idiot can achieve something, so can anybody, so can you. So stop whining about being exploited and work harder. Still, at least individual losers were quite obviously statistical freaks
      I read this and I thought of you.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I read this and I thought of you.
        Yes it probably made you feel better about your lot. Basic psychology
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Yes it probably made you feel better about your lot. Basic psychology
          Indeed it did. But for a few strokes of good fortune I might have ended up like you.

Comment

Indeed it did. But for a few strokes of good fortune I might have ended up like you.
            bad

Surely being sasguru isn't something to aspire too.

Comment

To have ended up like me you'd have had to have invested your contracting earnings rather than, by your own admission, pissing it against a wall.

HTH, BIKIW.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  bad

Surely being sasguru isn't something to aspire too.
                  Quite, hence my good fortune in avoiding his fate.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    To have ended up like me you'd have had to have invested your contracting earnings rather than, by your own admission, pissing it against a wall.

HTH, BIKIW.
                    How quaint. No doubt in a short while you will tell me I have no imagination. Of course, I don't really need one to the extent you do because my life consists of more than sitting in a shed at the back of a terraced house next to a prison convincing myself that i've made it.

Comment

Working...
                    X