• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clever sh!t...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clever sh!t...

For you cyclists out there...

Cycle wheel rims + LEDs == Revolights (Gadget Master)

Nice. Finally we can pretend we're in Tron.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Nice. Finally we can pretend we're in Tron.
      "pretend"?

Comment

They've had LEDs you can clip to the spokes for ages now. I got some for the kids many years ago.

This sort of thing.

Comment

While not a great safety feature, with a tweak, you could make it look as if you are cycling backwards. Or cycling forwards really fast.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
            They have had some form of lighting device available for the velocipede to enable its perambulation twixt the hours of sunset and sunrise for many a year.

However, they don't quite work the way described in the article.

Comment

Few weeks back I drove past a cyclist who had really bright Leds in the ends of the handlebars. It really gave a clear sense of the width of the bike. If I rode more regularly I'd definitely get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                However, they don't quite work the way described in the article.
                Yeah, not quite, but close enough that the rim version doesn't exactly look like a revolutionary concept (oh dear, unintended pun).

There is no shortage of cool lighting ideas for bikes. I had a cycling helmet with a flashing red light built in to the back, and I've got a set of lights on one of my bikes where the front light is a detachable wind-up torch and when you clip it to the bike it powers a wired-in back light as well. Ideal for quick rides in town.

One of these.

Comment

http://www.tireflys.com/index.htm
                  Last edited by Arturo Bassick; 28 September 2011, 10:55. Reason: better link
                  Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

The next iteration will generate a small EMP so cars, buses, and trucks can't get within bashing distance before their engine cuts out.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X