• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boblish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boblish

Can anyone tell me what this means?

' There is no information about the closed issues assigned to Test Case to change to different state, please refer attached email for more information. Hence, I have not changed category for such item having Category as Test Case and closed.'
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

' There is no information about the closed issues assigned to Test Case to change to different state, please refer attached email for more information. Hence, I have not changed category for such item having Category as Test Case and closed.'

It means: "It's probably still f***ed, I didn't bother looking, but i found an excuse to close the defect"
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

S/He doesn't know how to update the status of a defect. Please send instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        It means: "It's probably still f***ed, I didn't bother looking, but i found an excuse to close the defect"
        Ah, yes; Bobfuscation!

Comment

did you refer to the attached email? perhaps it had a google translation?
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I thought perhaps putting it into google translate from English to Hindi
            वहाँ बंद प्रकरण टेस्ट के लिए अलग राज्य के लिए बदल सौंपा मुद्दों के बारे में कोई जानकारी नहीं है, अधिक जानकारी के लिए संलग्न ईमेल कृपया देखें. इसलिए, मैं जैसे परीक्षण मामले के रूप में होने श्रेणी आइटम के लिए श्रेणी परिवर्तित नहीं किया है और बंद कर दिया.
            and then back again from hindi to english might help, but all I got as an output was
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

इस बात में कोई मुद्दों केबारे में सूचना को सौंपी गई बंद टेस्ट केस को बदलने के लिए अलग-अलग राज्य, कृपया भेजेगा । पूर्वकालीन दोस्तों के लिए और अधिक जानकारी दी | अत:, मु३ो बदला नहीं श्रेणी के पास श्रेणी के लिए ऐसे मद टेस्ट केस और रूप में बन्द कर दिया गया है

I am told it is perfect in Hindi
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                did you refer to the attached email? perhaps it had a google translation?
                Yep, the attached e-mail included the exact same sentence, which we didn't understand in the first place. This is now becoming a long exchange of e-mails with CIO etc in the cc, with my statement that 'We are having difficulty understanding the sentence', and some Dutch director-ish person saying to me 'you're English so you should understand it'.

I feel somewhat reassured that having presented the above sentence to one Irishman here in the office, one Scotsman (TM), another two Englishmen (Churchill and your good self presumably), a Brazilian and an American here in Amsterdam, nobody understands what on earth the guy is saying.
                Last edited by Mich the Tester; 28 September 2011, 14:51.

Comment

Its simple :
                  There wasn't any information about the closed issues that have been assigned to the test case for me to change its state.
                  As a result I've left it as it was.

HTH

Comment

Its closed, you haven't given me any reason to reopen it so I'm not going to do so. The second half is a denial that he was the one to close it.

I will point out that its only because I've spent this entire week looking at bobtastic code (read trying not to laugh out loud at their errors) that I can recognise the trick they're pulling in the sentences above.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X