• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

kindle fire tablet £130 but will it be any good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kindle fire tablet £130 but will it be any good?

BBC News - Amazon Kindle Fire to enter tablet computer market

Do I need one?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Oooh, shiny!

Hardware specs please?

Comment

Well it will be at least £160 after VAT so it won't be that cheap

I can easily see a market for it especially if an entire family can run multiple ones off 1 Amazon prime account.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

At least you're asking the right questions now.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

If you go on to Amazon now you might well be presented with a screen that's offering the older Kindle for £89. Amazon.co.uk: Low Prices in Electronics, Books, Sports Equipment & more

More details: Amazon launches ultra-cheap Kindle for $79, new Kindle Touch for $99 | VentureBeat

I'd like to know how well the Kindle Fire serves as a WiFi internet & email device. That is, how it compares to an iPod Touch, apart from being bigger and having no camera (like mine). I don't really need the book part.

Comment

They should have named it something other than Kindle unless they intend dropping the e-ink tech in future models.

This Kindle Fire is just another tablet. What makes it special against any other branded tablet (e.g. the recent HP failure) apart from price? Or is that it's unique selling point?

The latest proper kindle at £89 looks a good deal. Recently bought a 'refurbished' one for £67, which looking at that news it looks like they just used that ruse to flog off the old model cheaply.

Glad I got one, nice bit of kit for reading with, particularly outdoors. Just wish they brought the DX with the larger screen over to the UK at a cheaper price. Then it would be good enough to read scanned PDFs of which I have loads.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post

This Kindle Fire is just another tablet. What makes it special against any other branded tablet (e.g. the recent HP failure) apart from price? Or is that it's unique selling point?
              Amazon apps.

It's a loss leader to get you to buy music, movies (remember Amazon UK own lovefilm) and e-books.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Why are they unable to come up with they're own format for presentation?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Why are they unable to come up with they're own format for presentation?
                  How do you mean?
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Huge UK mark-up?

Which of these is the Amazon UK's £89 one? Because $79 is £50.50, not £89.

Comment

Working...
                    X