• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At last real deflation: pint of beer for 20p and a shot for just 10p - TODAY!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At last real deflation: pint of beer for 20p and a shot for just 10p - TODAY!

Angry critics predicted chaos when a club promised 'fantastic offers' like pints of beer for 20p and 10p shots especially for new students. And guess what.. it was.

Despite the warnings, the '2 Bob Tuesdays' event at The Show Bar in Warrington, Cheshire went ahead last night as advertised from '10.30pm until late'.

The promotion had been slammed as 'irresponsible' by alcohol abuse campaigners. A manager at the nightclub defended the pricing strategy earlier in the week, saying 'we don't force them to drink' - words that appear not have been heeded by many of the clientele.

After paying an entrance fee of £5, revellers were free to avail themselves of as many pints of beer for 20p and shots for 10p as they wanted while dancing to 'big room anthems'.

Earlier this week, the promotions and marketing manager of Show Bar Derek Load said that his bar had been 'unfairly criticised'.

More from the source:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ss-gutter.html

Good to see you're keeping abreast of things.

Comment

2-Bob Tuesdays has a wholly different and terrifying meaning to most on this board though, obviously.
      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I wonder when someone was last prosecuted for selling alchohol to someone who was almost falling down drunk.

I vaguely recall a case where someone had managed to drink himself to death & they tried to do the barman, but can't recall the result.
        Relief at drink death trial verdict - Republic of Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Comment

More depreciation news: 50p off a pint

New lower strength beer being introduced to attract lower tax so should be cheaper to buy, though the brewery/pubs may choose to pocket the difference.

New range of 2.8% beers 50p cheaper thanks to tax reduction coming Saturday | Mail Online

From Saturday, a new rule will mean that beers with less than 2.8 per cent alcohol by volume will be taxed less, leading to possible savings of 50p for some drinks.

Fantastic news for southern shandy drinkers, there's a new option at the bar.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Fantastic news for southern shandy drinkers, there's a new option at the bar.
            Massive dilemma for Yorkies and Scots though!
            Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
              Massive dilemma for Yorkies and Scots though!

Yep. I think pubs will quickly cotton on to disguising the weak ales at the bar so the tight can save face whilst also save a few pence.

I noticed while in Newquay last year that the draft Rattler cider didn't have a percentage mentioned on the pumps. I thought that was illegal. If not, maybe they'll do the same with these new weaker brands.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
              X