• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tough on crime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough on crime

How the hell did this twat stay out of prison?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4925492.stm

Pete Doherty, lead singer with Baby Shambles has been done for posession of all the top class drugs and yet has been spared a prison sentence.

Its not like he is a teen idol or role model is it.

What sort of message is this sending out?
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Ah you're just jealous he's done Kate ....
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

"But Judge Jane McIvor at Thames Magistrates' Court, London, instead put him on a two-year supervision order and 18 months in drug rehabilitation."

He will go to jail most certainly if he breaks conditions of supervision and drug rehab - since he did not actually commit any crimes while being under influence of drugs, he is rich enough not to rob houses to feed his habit, and its his first serious offence, it appears sensible to issue such order rather than put him behind bars. Sounds like a nice balanced decision - its very probable he will get caught with drugs again in the next 18 months and that's when he will go to jail for fairly long time.

Being bad role model is not illegal.

Comment

I'm not particularly well-hung, but I'd split her in two.
        She's nobbut skin an' bone, that lass.
        We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
          OMG I never thought I'd hear a bloke say that!!!! (the not well hung thing)
          "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
            Ai, nowt would spring of it.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              "But Judge Jane McIvor at Thames Magistrates' Court, London, instead put him on a two-year supervision order and 18 months in drug rehabilitation."

He will go to jail most certainly if he breaks conditions of supervision and drug rehab - since he did not actually commit any crimes while being under influence of drugs, he is rich enough not to rob houses to feed his habit, and its his first serious offence, it appears sensible to issue such order rather than put him behind bars. Sounds like a nice balanced decision - its very probable he will get caught with drugs again in the next 18 months and that's when he will go to jail for fairly long time.

Being bad role model is not illegal.
              Oh thats OK then, teaching the kids that the only consequence of using class A drugs is smack on the wrist (no pun intended) as long as you dont commit any crime to feed your habit.

Possesion is an offence which can carry a prison term you idiot! The not commiting other crimes (even though he was caught driving under the influence more than once) doesnt come into it.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by janey
                It's all about managing expectation levels, Janey.

After all, three lots of four are the same as one lot of twelve, n'est-ce pas?

F in "It's not the size of your pencil, it's how you write your name" mode
                Last edited by Fleetwood; 20 April 2006, 11:22.

Comment

Originally posted by janey
                  I am proud of the fact that I am a founder member (no pun intended) and current president of "The not very well hung club of Great Britain"

I may only have a small willy but I have got a fast bottom!

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                    I am proud of the fact that I am a founder member (no pun intended) and current president of "The not very well hung club of Great Britain"
                    Any chance of opening a branch in Belgium?

F in "Small men try harder" mode

Comment

Working...
                    X