• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sometimes it really isn't safe to go in the water.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes it really isn't safe to go in the water.

Shark horror Briton fights for life - Yahoo!

Feckwhit.

It's got "Darwin award" written all over it if he snuffs it.

Comment

"I shouted to a man standing near the shore taking pictures to go and help the victim."

http://www.iol.co.za/mercury/shark-a...mmer-1.1147046

Comment

He can not possibly be a real accountant! Sharks don't attack accountants (or agents) out of professional courtesy!
        Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

I've never understood why, after these events, the shark invariably gets hunted and killed. It's in it's own environment, doing what sharks have been doing for millions of years.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
            I've never understood why, after these events, the shark invariably gets hunted and killed. It's in it's own environment, doing what sharks have been doing for millions of years.
            Theory is that once it becomes a man eater it will actively hunt humans which is not normal behaviour, thus that individual becomes a threat. There is a possibility that other sharks will "learn" this behaviour. Better to remove that one than have a demand to kill all.
            Just saying like.

Comment

He was stabilised at the scene and then airlifted to Constantiaberg Medi-Clinic in a critical condition
              With two bricks under one leg and only one brick under the other?

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

South Africa shark attack: Michael Cohen fights for life after Great White bites off legs | Mail Online

The 43-year-old is said to have swum regularly at Fish Hoek beach, notorious for Great White sightings, even telling fellow beachgoers: ‘If a shark takes me, then blame me, not the shark.’

Witnesses said he parked his car and then walked right past a flag indicating that the beach was closed.

At least two people warned him that a shark had been seen, but he strode into the water anyway.

There's no telling some people.

Maybe he read the same book as I did that mentioned that there's more chance of being killed by a falling coconut than by a shark, citing 150 deaths per year by coconut and 10 by shark.

The odds change a bit when a shark has been sighted and warning flags abound though. No coconut trees on the beach either according to reports. i.e. they don't mention any.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  South Africa shark attack: Michael Cohen fights for life after Great White bites off legs | Mail Online

There's no telling some people.

Maybe he read the same book as I did that mentioned that there's more chance of being killed by a falling coconut than by a shark, citing 150 deaths per year by coconut and 10 by shark.

The odds change a bit when a shark has been sighted and warning flags abound though. No coconut trees on the beach either according to reports. i.e. they don't mention any.
                  He hasn't got a leg to stand on then has he!

Too soon?

IGMC
                  Just saying like.

Comment

If he survives then he's been lucky. Lack of legs isn't that debilitating these days, providing he can use those spring things like that athlete competed with recently.

He can also get some flipper attachments for when he's feeling brave enough to go back in the water.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X