• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PETA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PETA

I used to be quite supportive of their cause, even donated on occasion.

This new stance and campaign loses it for me.
    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    I gather a percentage of the calendar proceeds go towards donation:

"A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

What or who is PETA? A girl in my class at school was named Peta but she was blond.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        What or who is PETA?
        Lola's better looking sister.

Comment

So you admit you're an idiot that hates animals and wants to see them killed?

Do some research on your beloved peta instead of looking like an idiot .....

Comment

Everytime I meet a PETA member, I have to blank them immediately and remind myself there is a law against murder. I havnt assulted a PETA member yet, but that has only been because there were witnesses present.

I honestly dont know if I could control myself if I were to be isolated with one and to me that is frightening. I'm not the most tolerant person as you will all know, but I am very patient and not one driven to violence. However when it comes down to PETA hypocrites, I really do feel myself losing control being in the same building as them.

That's why, none of my friends are PETA members. I couldnt associate with pure evil.

I have heard them make threats over something as pathetic as roadkill, where they expect a driver to instead endanger human lives rather than run over an animal.

I hate such ignorant activists. People who are willing to go to such extremes, yet dont understand the organisation they support are pure evil.

PETA does indeed kill off healthy animals and at a disgusting rate. They have been doing so for decades. They use charitable money to kill animals and then use money to support terrorism. The ALF and other "liberation" groups, act like terrorists, torturing innocent people, wrongly accused of hurting animals and launch terrorist attacks against companies and homeland interests.

If anyone supports PETA, they are not only supporting the murder of healthy animals, just because it is cheaper than housing them while they wait for adoption. but they are a terrorist as well. Report any PETA member you know and get them locked up in GITMO. Yes, Im serious, they are a threat to society.

Hypocrisy is the mother of all credibility problems, and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has it in spades. While loudly complaining about the "unethical" treatment of animals by restaurant owners, grocers, farmers, scientists, anglers, and countless other Americans, the group has its own dirty little secret.

PETA kills animals. By the thousands.

From July 1998 through December 2009, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) killed over 23,000 dogs, cats, and other "companion animals." That's more than five defenseless creatures every day. PETA has a walk-in freezer to store the dead bodies, and contracts with a Virginia Beach company to cremate them.

Not counting the pets PETA spayed and neutered, the group put to death over 90 percent of the animals it took in during the last five years. And its angel-of-death pattern shows no sign of changing.

On its 2002 federal income-tax return, PETA claimed a $9,370 write-off for a giant walk-in freezer, the kind most people use as a meat locker or for ice-cream storage. But animal-rights activists don't eat meat or dairy foods. And during a 2007 criminal trial, a PETA manager (testifying under oath) confirmed the obvious -- that the group uses the appliance to store the bodies of its victims.

In 2000, when the Associated Press first noted PETA's Kervorkian-esque tendencies, PETA president Ingrid Newkirk complained that actually taking care of animals costs more than killing them. "We could become a no-kill shelter immediately," she admitted.

PETA kills animals. Because it has other financial priorities.

PETA rakes in nearly $30 million each year in income, much of it raised from pet owners who think their donations actually help animals. Instead, the group spends huge sums on programs equating people who eat chicken with Nazis, scaring young children away from drinking milk, recruiting children into the radical animal-rights lifestyle, and intimidating businessmen and their families in their own neighborhoods. PETA has also spent tens of thousands of dollars defending arsonists and other violent extremists.

PETA claims it engages in outrageous media-seeking stunts "for the animals." But which animals? Carping about the value of future two-piece dinners while administering lethal injections to puppies and kittens isn't ethical. It's hypocritical -- with a death toll that PETA would protest if it weren't their own doing.

PETA kills animals. And its leaders dare lecture the rest of us?

Year Receive Adopted Killed Transf % Killed % Adopt
            2009 2,366 8 2,301 31 97.3 0.34
            2008 2,216 7 2,124 34 95.8 0.32
            2007 1,997 17 1,815 35 90.9 0.85
            2006 3,061 12 2,981 46 97.4 0.39
            2005 2,165 146 1,946 69 89.9 6.74
            2004 2,655 361 2,278 1 85.8 13.60
            2003 2,224 312 1,911 1 85.9 14.03
            2002 2,680 382 2,298 2 85.7 14.25
            2001 2,685 703 1,944 14 72.4 26.18
            2000 2,681 624 2,029 28 75.7 23.27
            1999 1,805 386 1,328 91 73.6 21.39
            1998 943 133 685 125 72.6 14.10

Total 27,478 3,091 23,640 477 86.0 11.25

PETA's Dirty Secret - Peta Kills Animals

Comment

I am all for the ETHICAL treatment of animals. Treat them humanely (which can include killing them).
              I did not associate PETA as a group with that sort of terrorism.
              They seem to have changed their stance from ETHICAL treatment to outright protectionism. I am not going to give up eating meat. I am happy enough wearing leather. You could even convince me rabbit fur is acceptable. Seal fur is questionable though the Innuit have good cause to trade it.
              I disagree with mink farming purely for fur and am against whaling and the trade in sharks fins. Also against any trade in other CITES animals.

Sorry for being stupid, but I find it difficult to be well informed on every subject.
              Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

I am all for the ETHICAL treatment of animals. Treat them humanely (which can include killing them).
                I did not associate PETA as a group with that sort of terrorism.
                They seem to have changed their stance from ETHICAL treatment to outright protectionism. I am not going to give up eating meat. I am happy enough wearing leather. You could even convince me rabbit fur is acceptable. Seal fur is questionable though the Innuit have good cause to trade it.
                I disagree with mink farming purely for fur and am against whaling and the trade in sharks fins. Also against any trade in other CITES animals.

Sorry for being stupid, but I find it difficult to be well informed on every subject.
                Each to their own, I just prefer to research something before I support it.

I think the title of PETA is very misleading. Just as Greenpeace is.

Comment

Working...
                X