• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plusnet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plusnet

I used to use plusnet years ago and was always happy with them.

Then I moved to a virgin package which was no bother but expensive, I thought, for what we got, producing a monthly bill of around £80+ on the basic packages - the majority of this was my wifes use of the phone at times when it was expensive to use. We stayed several years, but I got fed up with them in the end.

So, looking around for a broadband supplier went back to plusnet as their package for phone and broadband seemed reasonable. However, in the last week and a bit our service has not worked. The telephone works directly in the socket but when you plug in the microfilter nothing works past this - it's like BT have turned off the ADSL. They were meant to send an engineer out, for which my wife has arranged for someone to take the kids to school, etc, so she could be in and they bloody well don't show. It's a nightmare getting through to their call centre.

Overall, I'm not impressed with the service - I could write and complain but that gets nowhere, so I'll just vent my dissapointment in them on here.

Try Xilo they're very good

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post

Then I moved to a virgin package which was no bother but expensive, I thought, for what we got, producing a monthly bill of around £80+ on the basic packages - the majority of this was my wifes use of the phone at times when it was expensive to use. We stayed several years, but I got fed up with them in the end.

So, looking around for a broadband supplier went back to plusnet as their package for phone and broadband seemed reasonable. However, in the last week and a bit our service has not worked. The telephone works directly in the socket but when you plug in the microfilter nothing works past this - it's like BT have turned off the ADSL. They were meant to send an engineer out, for which my wife has arranged for someone to take the kids to school, etc, so she could be in and they bloody well don't show. It's a nightmare getting through to their call centre.

Overall, I'm not impressed with the service - I could write and complain but that gets nowhere, so I'll just vent my dissapointment in them on here.

Hence why I have two separate connections
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post

I'd vent on Twitter as well if I were you.

If they're savvy they ought to be monitoring it.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Plusnet. Good honest incompetance from Yorkshire.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

When we moved house a few months ago we went with Plusnet as there's no cable at the new place and the previous owners recommended Plusnet's ADSL service. Trouble is, they were a retired couple who obviously didn't use the internet much. Having three kids, all on the web, x-box, playstation and four different phones in the house being used for YouTube and iPlayer and the rest, we keep going over our 'allowance' and have to pay outrageous prices for extra bandwidth. Having been several years with Virgin on cable we never had an issue with this at all. Plusnet don't seem to have an upgrade package either, except for a Business tariff, which you have to jump through hoops to apply for. Big disappointment, and wish I hadn't gone with them. I need to shop around and switch provider. PITA.

Comment

I recommend www.bethere.co.uk, good price, proper unlimited downloads and good customer service.
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                I recommend www.bethere.co.uk, good price, proper unlimited downloads and good customer service.
                That was my other choice....which I didn't take.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                  When we moved house a few months ago we went with Plusnet as there's no cable at the new place and the previous owners recommended Plusnet's ADSL service. Trouble is, they were a retired couple who obviously didn't use the internet much. Having three kids, all on the web, x-box, playstation and four different phones in the house being used for YouTube and iPlayer and the rest, we keep going over our 'allowance' and have to pay outrageous prices for extra bandwidth. Having been several years with Virgin on cable we never had an issue with this at all. Plusnet don't seem to have an upgrade package either, except for a Business tariff, which you have to jump through hoops to apply for. Big disappointment, and wish I hadn't gone with them. I need to shop around and switch provider. PITA.
                  Don't blame the old dears for you not reading T & C's

Comment

Plusnet put the debt collectors on me for 15 quid.

They wanted a cancellation fee on a 'pay as you go' service I was ending, I told them to f off and cancelled the DD, when the debt collectors phoned I told them to F off as well, never heard anything more from them funnily enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X