• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oooh, space station

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh, space station

BBC News - Rocket launches Chinese space lab

Looks like the Chinese are coming on in leaps and bounds.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post

Much cleverer, they managed to make it four times smaller than the US-CIS one!
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Much cleverer, they managed to make it four times smaller than the US-CIS one!
      Aye.

In communist countries they don't need luxuries like lots of food, in doors toilet, stereo system etc etc.

Comment

LEO has been done to death already.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          LEO has been done to death already.

I think you meant LEGO. No indications this space station is built from LEGO. Would be a daft move considering the extortionate prices per brick.

I'm getting one of those 3D printers to print my own bootLEGO. There may be life in the UK's space programme yet.

Just need to sort out the engine design. I'm thinking one of them water rockets. The scale version I had as a kid used to clear my parent's house easily, so a full sized one should get into space easily.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            The last UK rocket was powered by steam.
            So was Evel Kneivel's attempt to jump across the Snake River Canyon.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              I think you meant LEGO. No indications this space station is built from LEGO. Would be a daft move considering the extortionate prices per brick.

I'm getting one of those 3D printers to print my own bootLEGO. There may be life in the UK's space programme yet.

Just need to sort out the engine design. I'm thinking one of them water rockets. The scale version I had as a kid used to clear my parent's house easily, so a full sized one should get into space easily.
              I suspect that with modern materials much higher pressures could be achieved. Probably not enough to reach orbit though perhaps could be used as a booster?
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I suspect that with modern materials much higher pressures could be achieved. Probably not enough to reach orbit though perhaps could be used as a booster?
                <cough>
                Hydrogen Peroxide...
                </cough>

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  <cough>
                  Hydrogen Peroxide...
                  </cough>
                  I meant using modern composites for the pressure vessel instead of an old coke bottle.

Comment

More like shuffles. It's taken them long enough. Is it powered by coloured gunpowder?

Comment

Working...
                    X