• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another great advance for hu-manity in the Principality.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great advance for hu-manity in the Principality.

Charging "at least 5p" for a single use carrier in all shops.

And here's the rules:

Carrier bag charge Wales | What bags are not included in the charge?

Ah well, they may be feckwhits, but at least they're our feckwhits.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Charging "at least 5p" for a single use carrier in all shops.

And here's the rules:

Carrier bag charge Wales | What bags are not included in the charge?

Ah well, they may be feckwhits, but at least they're our feckwhits.
    Erm, I think we've had this posted before.

Either that or the Guinness I had last night has reacted with my fish, chips, peas and curry sauce I had for supper and I'm hallucinating.

Comment

So you can still reuse your old carrier bags:

All shops, from food stores to fashion retailers, will be required by law to introduce the levy, which it is hoped will encourage people to take their own bags shopping.
      I see the price of used carrier bags hitting a high of 4 pence from tomorrow.

I usually accumulate them for use at car boots. Now I'll be able to sell the actual bags.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Aye. I might have mentioned it before.

When the chavs go to McDs for their burger and fries Billy one star behind the counter is going to get all confused.

When he put the fries in the bag, there is no charge. If he then puts the burger in the same paper bag there is.

Comment

It seems like a sensible idea to me, at least a lot more sensible than simply throwing away several billion of the things every year, but I tend to take my own bag(s) to the shop when I can anyway.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Zeity you're missing a trick here. You need to combine your alien cunning with PAH's business plan.

Next time you go to Tesco (other supermarkets are available) you buy some spuds and put one in each bag and nothing else (free). You then pour all the spuds in to one bag and sell the rest on at tupence a bag.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              I'm going for a lie down in a darkened room now.

I do that too. It's where I keep the mushrooms.
              Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

A bag for life soon to be reality

Advances in self-healing materials, including plastic, could make the carrier bag eternal.

BBC News - Self-healing materials take cue from nature

Not quite as biodegradable as environmentalists would like, but there would be no need to throw them away in the first place.

Would also be handy if they could get it to work with tarmac so they didn't have to keep resurfacing roads, and potholes would be banished to history.
                Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

The law states that you and your customers may only place the above items in the exempt bag. If an item which is not an exempt item is placed in the bag - the bag would need to be charged for.

So, outside shops, police will be checking that you've not sneakily added that pack of chewing gum to the bag of apples you just bought.

All those exceptions show one thing: "Not properly thought through".
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Just out of interest, how do the people of Wales feel about their government spending money on carrier bag departments and websites, let alone spending time drawing up regulations for such matters?

Carrier bag charge Wales | Home Page ...

Isn't this a perfect example of how Europe's governments have got us into the bloody mess we're in now?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X