• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

80mph Limit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80mph Limit

Yes or no?
    Yes
    82.35%
    No
    11.76%
    AndyW keeps me in the boot of the car, anything over 20 is hell
    5.88%
    Coffee's for closers

Yes, about time too.

They should keep the current tolerance for people driving around 85 as well, not jack it up to 100.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Yes or no?
      80mph is a transit zone between rest and terminal velocity, Shirley?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        80mph is a transit zone between rest and terminal velocity, Shirley?
        terminal velocity being when the car stop speeding up?
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

the UK Government has a novel idea of quite literally speeding up the recovery.
          lol

But if you work it out, journey times aren't much shortened by going at 80 instead of 75, when you include the time spent gridlocked or travelling slowly getting to and from the motorway.

Should_EU_impose_20mph_UK_speed_limit? - Silver Surfer Today

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            terminal velocity being when the car stop speeding up?
            Got it in one, the force is strong in you!

Comment

Increased to 80mph? I thought it was already 100mph?

Comment

One day technology will allow for the maximum speed to be determined by the stopping distance to the vehicle in front.

Same technology will stop other vehicles moving into your path if you won't be able to slow down in time to avoid a collision.

To ensure maximum safety the car will control the speed not the occupants.

In the meantime I'll continue to drive at between 80 and 90 when reasonably safe to do so. Been doing that for years and have no points on my license for the last 13 of them.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  lol

But if you work it out, journey times aren't much shortened by going at 80 instead of 75, when you include the time spent gridlocked or travelling slowly getting to and from the motorway.

Should_EU_impose_20mph_UK_speed_limit? - Silver Surfer Today
                  Had a quick look at the comments under another story on that site;

Posted By Adolf on Friday 30th September 2011 08:26:24
                  Reading these boards it is surprising your nation didn't take up arms with me..... You lot are so racist you make me look like an enlightened liberal
                  He's right as well; they make Daily Wailers look rational.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Had a quick look at the comments under another story on that site;

He's right as well; they make Daily Wailers look rational.
                    First one that turned up in Google, I didn't actually read that page myself, I heard it elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X