• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Make space for a little one

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make space for a little one

Last day of my current contract.....and I've just knocked back a 6-8 month extension.

I don't even have anything lined up and the market seems quite quiet.

Reason? well a few things, got a new baby arriving in November and looking forward to spending some time with him/her, the missus and our toddler. The extension was to work on a car crash project (not the one I have successfully completed) on a proprietary tech I have no experience in. I been watching on the periphery as the permies have been trodden into the ground for the last year, and I've no interest in joining them.

Warchest is plentiful, so taking til January off I think, unless something really good lands in my lap (other than the new baby!).

Now if this indian summer could just last a few more days.....

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    got a new baby arriving in November and looking forward to spending some time with him/her, the missus and our toddler.
    That won't last long... but seriously well done & enjoy the kids while they're young..
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Subbie ie? Find if anyone here can do it, manage them on to it and take a cut? 15% for doing nothing?

Sell your own grandmothers teeth for profit and you could be a real agent!!

Picked the right weekend thats for sure!!!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I guess, not overly arsed to be honest.

If anyone has any experience with a system called TRAK used by the NHS let me know.

Comment

You've got the money in the bank so enjoy the time with your family and supporting your missus (yep, that does mean cleaning the bog ).
          Maybe spend a little time looking at how to cut costs (if you get bored!)
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

did a similar, knocked back a 8 monther for similar reasons

congrats on the new baby and enjoy the bench, im hoping i can take dec off but war chest has depleted

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
            Last day of my current contract.....and I've just knocked back a 6-8 month extension.

I don't even have anything lined up and the market seems quite quiet.

Reason? well a few things, got a new baby arriving in November and looking forward to spending some time with him/her, the missus and our toddler. The extension was to work on a car crash project (not the one I have successfully completed) on a proprietary tech I have no experience in. I been watching on the periphery as the permies have been trodden into the ground for the last year, and I've no interest in joining them.

Warchest is plentiful, so taking til January off I think, unless something really good lands in my lap (other than the new baby!).

Now if this indian summer could just last a few more days.....
            sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Working...
            X