• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last day of gym membership

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last day of gym membership

I had a nice nostalgic day at David Lloyd today, doing much of the stuff I've been doing there over the last 10 years and recalling some of the memories and all the time wasted. Now I've got a padlock and a pass I'll never use again. But £80/month is taking the Mickey and all the nice women seem to have dried up. Where once were yuppies are families and older people now.

And there endeth that era. Quite sad.

Use saved money to buy gold.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I had a nice nostalgic day at David Lloyd today, doing much of the stuff I've been doing there over the last 10 years and recalling some of the memories and all the time wasted. Now I've got a padlock and a pass I'll never use again. But £80/month is taking the Mickey and all the nice women seem to have dried up. Where once were yuppies are families and older people now.

And there endeth that era. Quite sad.
      Just got my letter from DL saying that the subscription charge is going up to £167.50 PM in January.

That is quite a lot of money.
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
        Just got my letter from DL saying that the subscription charge is going up to £167.50 PM in January.

Only £2000/year

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Use saved money to buy gold.
          I'm tempted to buy flour, oil, cereal, beans, ak47, etc. Seen and bought some mega cheap flour and other 'basics' in Sainbury today. Less than 50p for a day's calories. I wonder how long that will last.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Only £2000/year
            It's a bargain if it makes you live longer and force Govt to raise pension taxes by £20k to sustain your good retirement

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              It's a bargain if it makes you live longer and force Govt to raise pension taxes by £20k to sustain your good retirement
              I think it'll be food vouchers rather than a pension for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post

How the **** do they justify that?
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  How the **** do they justify that?
                  Easy - due to recession people cut down on things so in order to maintain revenues they need to increase prices on remaining loyal members. Maybe not

Comment

I had three clients who had their own gym. Used to go lunchtimes.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X