PDA

View Full Version : Will soon be "Back in the game..." - need a new company name!

Joeman
3rd October 2011, 11:47
After a two year permie stint, im hoping to be back in the contract game soon...
I'm trying to think of a name for my new Ltd company, so looking for inspiration - how did you guys come up with your names?
looking on Companies house WebCheck, all the good names seem to be taken, not to mention domain names :(

northernladuk
3rd October 2011, 12:01
I never heard of The Dragons having a problem picking a company name and I am sure Bill Gates didn't have to ask anyone for the name of his empire.... Sometimes there are things you just have to do by yourself.

chef
3rd October 2011, 12:12
My co. name was decided by coming up with two single words of how I would like to describe my company and what it does, make alist of all words that fit this description and join together to make a co. name, then take top 3 favourites and see what is available.

northernladuk
3rd October 2011, 12:41
My co. name was decided by coming up with two single words of how I would like to describe my company and what it does, make alist of all words that fit this description and join together to make a co. name, then take top 3 favourites and see what is available.

Do what the injuns do and run outside and name it after the first thing you see. Works a treat..

NortherladUK
Director
Two Dogs Shagging Ltd

MarillionFan
3rd October 2011, 15:36
Do what the injuns do and run outside and name it after the first thing you see. Works a treat..

NortherladUK
Director
Two Dogs Shagging Ltd

Must resist urge to say Girlfriend & her Sister? Must resist.:nerd

manclarky
3rd October 2011, 15:43
After a two year permie stint, im hoping to be back in the contract game soon...
I'm trying to think of a name for my new Ltd company, so looking for inspiration - how did you guys come up with your names?
looking on Companies house WebCheck, all the good names seem to be taken, not to mention domain names :(

I concatenated the first parts of my kids names together and made a word out of them.

Good job they're not called:

Wayne and Kerstin though!

Joeman
3rd October 2011, 21:22
Some great tips guys cheers!
i have some ideas, but they all just sound a bit stupid..
anyone else feel a little embarrassed when asked their company name? my last Ltd Company name was cool when i started it, but 6 years on after i'd grown up a bit and changed industry it was a bit embarrassing! :emb

manclarky
4th October 2011, 07:29
Some great tips guys cheers!
i have some ideas, but they all just sound a bit stupid..
anyone else feel a little embarrassed when asked their company name? my last Ltd Company name was cool when i started it, but 6 years on after i'd grown up a bit and changed industry it was a bit embarrassing! :emb

Were you Enron?

Joeman
4th October 2011, 17:17
Were you Enron?

No, not that embarrassing!!