• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blood curdling news from the City - (cont)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood curdling news from the City - (cont)

8000 jobs to be cut

I'm alright Jack

Excellent news!

Keep it coming!

Comment

The uk used to lead the world at manufacturing but it fell behind. I see no reason to think the financial services industry won't follow suit, especially as the primary cost is people and they are very expensive in london. The cash cow that is the population of britain has been bled dry, it's all downhill from this point i'm afraid.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        The uk used to lead the world at manufacturing but it fell behind. I see no reason to think the financial services industry won't follow suit, especially as the primary cost is people and they are very expensive in london. The cash cow that is the population of britain has been bled dry, it's all downhill from this point i'm afraid.

And that is why you're an impoverished, itinerant IT jobber - your analytical and predictive skills are not the best.

HTH
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

It's just white noise these days IDGAS.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

And that is why you're an impoverished, itinerant IT jobber - your analytical and predictive skills are not the best.

HTH
            I'm not sure yours are all that sharp. Judging by your efforts to qualify for membership, you seem to have decided the classless society is some sort of exclusive club for individuals such as yourself.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Excellent news!

Keep it coming!
              WHS
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

So approx 2% of City jobs will be lost?
                Hmmm, seems quite a robust sector to me.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  I'm not sure yours are all that sharp. Judging by your efforts to qualify for membership, you seem to have decided the classless society is some sort of exclusive club for individuals such as yourself.
                  I don't believe in the classless society, not with my aristicratic roots.
                  If my lot were in charge, we wouldn't be in the mess we are now.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I don't believe in the classless society, not with my aristicratic roots.
                    If my lot were in charge, we wouldn't be in the mess we are now.
                    You really didn't get that did you?

Comment

Working...
                    X