• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hands up who's using BT for internet access...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hands up who's using BT for internet access...

... oops, sorry, you're probably kicking your PC around the room at the moment:

BBC News - BT suffers major broadband outage

BT has confirmed that a "power failure" at a major exchange in Birmingham is causing problems for broadband customers across the UK.

Customers have reported problems from as far afield as Belfast, Edinburgh, Swansea and London.

Times like these that I especially love not paying the BT tax.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    ... oops, sorry, you're probably kicking your PC around the room at the moment:

BBC News - BT suffers major broadband outage
    Times like these that I especially love not paying the BT tax.
    Do you have cable? or still pay the line rental to another provider?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I'm not with BT, so even though I'm using the exact same line and exchange as if I was with BT, and therefore just as susceptible to outages, I'm allowed to take the piss out of BT and their customers, and pay less for doing so.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Ahhh dude, that explains why. I was trying to raid Ragnaros in Firelands on my Druid at the weekend and I kept lagging out all over the place. We got pwnd!!
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm with BT, no problems here.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Using plusnet on the back of BT and in Brum....and waht a bag of tulip their service is. I've been down for over a week now....which means I can't talk to the kids over Skype.

Comment

Ok, plusnet took a while to come out. Getting through to their call centre is a 15 minute wait each time you have to call. But the Engineer came out, replaced all the cable from the connection to the house, down the wall, re-routed it in the house, put a new box on the wall, etc. All no charge, and it works, so credit due where it's due.

He then commented to my wife that two blokes had gone in next door, as in one out, one in, within the period of him being up the ladder and the woman next door had closed the curtains. Did we expect something was going on?

Edit- tulip wrong post

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                I'm with BT, no problems here.
                lol...wait a while

Comment

Working...
                X