• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gerry?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gerry?

Got a spam email from Gerry at ITContractor.com today. I thought his failed attempt to take on Friends Reunited and this site folded years ago.

Anyone else get one?
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry!

(nope)

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry!

(nope)
      Hes still going. Unlike CUK he never sold out to cheap gimmicks and poor moderation.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Unlike CUK he never sold out to cheap gimmicks and poor moderation.
        That yellow theme of his early site still hurts my eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          Got a spam email from Gerry at ITContractor.com today. I thought his failed attempt to take on Friends Reunited and this site folded years ago.

Anyone else get one?
          Yes, I got one too. I even went as far as clicking on the forum link to see what was going on but I couldn't be arsed to register.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Anyone else get one?
            I got one! Haven't looked at his site for a couple or years and quickly cheked it out.

Comment

Yes I got his "spam" email too. This story was quite interesting:

Dead Contractor rises again 3 years later on another contract

Which is about a contractor declaring himself dead in order to jump ship. It is not uncommon for contractors to come up with the most extreme excuses for leaving a contract. I had a South African who told us his father had died at which point he disappeared. He also trashed his flat which prompted the landlord to contact us, so I rang his mum up in SA to see if we could talk to him. She said he was in the UK and when I said how sorry I was to hear that her husband had died she was astonished.

if a contractor disappears at short notice without telling anyone then whatever the excuse I would not believe them!
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Yes I got his "spam" email too. This story was quite interesting:

Dead Contractor rises again 3 years later on another contract

I once had a contractor who died during his contract. I phoned his wife and she said that the father of her children was dead and they were extremely upset. So when they had the funeral I drove up to Lancaster to watch. Anyway, the coffin was closed so later that night I came back and dug the grave up, prising the top off I had a look, took a sample and then had his DNA sampled.

As I suspected from the DNA test, he was not the father of her children and I told her. She was devasted, but not as devasted as when I told her, his estate owed me £30k in lost earnings. No-one walks out of one of my contracts!!!

I dont believe whatever any contractor says!
                ftfy
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  ftfy
                  I also got my hands on my 20% that he had tried to take with him
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Just had a look and I had got one. It had gone to Junk!

Might pop back to have a shufti...... all that sticks in my memory was BolshieB*stard who kept repeating that "that" site was tulip and "this" site was much better!!! but at the ClientCo "this" site was blocked..... I always wondered what I was missing!

Later when I did find "here" Bolshie turned out to be a twunt!
                    Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
                    Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Working...
                    X