• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which do you value more?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which do you value more?

High Intelligence or common sense?

In my experience, it's its rare you come across someone with both !!!

Awaits extremely witty, cutting and satirical "Chavinch" tag
    Intelligence
    14.29%
    Common Sense
    19.05%
    Big Knockers
    66.67%

Poll please, with 'big knockers' option and amusing Andyw option.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Chaffinch View Post

Awaits extremely witty, cutting and satirical "Chavinch" tag
      How do you define high intelligence and common sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Poll please, with 'big knockers' option and amusing Andyw option.
        Hmm, 2/10 for my poll

No knockers or AndyW reference due to lack of intelligence

Comment

Churchill

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          How do you define high intelligence and common sense?
          Churchill is tall with a teeny weeny small modicum of intelligence. Would you define him as having "high intelligence" ?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Churchill is tall with a teeny weeny small modicum of intelligence. Would you define him as having "high intelligence" ?
            I guess I'm asking about the difference between those people you come across in life that are extremely intelligent but have no common sense, pretty sure we've alll come across them.

Conversely, some people with average intelligence compensate with common sense and prevail.

Comment

Maybe in YOUR experience.
              In my experience it is not that uncommon.
              I have also encountered a significant number of people over the years that like to suggest that the two qualities are almost mutually exclusive. However they have generally done this because they are not all that intelligent themselves, and it comforts them to believe this.

HTH
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Maybe in YOUR experience.
                In my experience it is not that uncommon.
                I have also encountered a significant number of people over the years that like to suggest that the two qualities are almost mutually exclusive. However they have generally done this because they are not all that intelligent themselves, and it comforts them to believe this.

HTH
                Your posts on this forum suggest otherwise. You like to protray yourself as intelligent but you lack the social skills to gain acceptance from your peers. You come across as a smug cock with a mis-placed superiority complex.

Comment

you lack the social skills to gain acceptance from your peers
                  This, from the man who leaves out the Andyw option in a poll.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Your posts on this forum suggest otherwise. You like to protray yourself as intelligent but you lack the social skills to gain acceptance from your peers. You come across as a smug cock with a mis-placed superiority complex.

I'm guessing you place great value on your "common sense".

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X