• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England V France

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England V France

This one's the real clash of the titans for the England fans. Great tradition of knocking the Frogs out of the World Cup, and let's hope it continues this time. I am not expecting an 'entertaining' game in the sense that some people enjoy watching basketball style ball handling skills or silken running, but a real bloody nasty ding dong with a splurge of yellow and possibly red cards, blooded shirts and busted noses, as is the way when English rugby teams meet French rugby teams, even at club level. This will be ugly. A good game for old school forwards to watch and savour.

cue; Henry V at the siege of Harfleur
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    This one's the real clash of the titans for the England fans. Great tradition of knocking the Frogs out of the World Cup, and let's hope it continues this time. I am not expecting an 'entertaining' game in the sense that some people enjoy watching basketball style ball handling skills or silken running, but a real bloody nasty ding dong with a splurge of yellow and possibly red cards, blooded shirts and busted noses, as is the way when English rugby teams meet French rugby teams, even at club level. This will be ugly. A good game for old school forwards to watch and savour.

I do hope so. I want another incident like when Will Carling was hit so hard another one of the England players had to point him in the right direction. He insisted on playing on though.
    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

It needs to be.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing the French booted out. Not as much as I'm looking forward to seeing us (hopefully) pasting the Welsh. Although if we have as dire a first half as we did on Sunday it'll be close.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

The French smell!

At least we owned St. Emillion... for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
          I do hope so. I want another incident like when Will Carling was hit so hard another one of the England players had to point him in the right direction. He insisted on playing on though.
          I want another incident like when Mick Skinner knocked Marc Cecillon 5 yards backwards and onto his arse at Twickenham, or like when Carling spoke to the team at half time saying the ref was getting a bit upset about the argy-bargy and Wade Dooley said ' does that mean we can keep kicking them?' Carling's response; ' yes, but don't get caught'.

Or of course when Serge Blanco completely lost it after the England forwards polished their boots on his shirt and then punched Nigel Heslop's lights out. Then of course Skinner and Moore joined in, with much shedding of blood.

Comment

I want another incident like when Mick Skinner knocked Marc Cecillon 5 yards backwards and onto his arse at Twickenham, or like when Carling spoke to the team at half time saying the ref was getting a bit upset about the argy-bargy and Wade Dooley said ' does that mean we can keep kicking them?' Carling's response; ' yes, but don't get caught'.

Or of course when Serge Blanco completely lost it after the England forwards polished their boots on his shirt and then punched Nigel Heslop's lights out. Then of course Skinner and Moore joined in, with much shedding of blood.
            We're saving that sh!t for the Irish!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Not as much as I'm looking forward to seeing us (hopefully) pasting the Welsh. Although if we have as dire a first half as we did on Sunday it'll be close.
              I am really looking forward to this one but with an obviously different opinion on the result.

It's lining up to be a corker.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Paul O'Connell can deal it out as well as anyone, and that's why the Irish worry me a bit. Still, if they get to the final I'll be adding to their support. Please don't let NZ win it.

In fact I think this could be Ireland's big year.

Comment

I agree mich. France v NZ in 2007 was a classic battle.

What's more you might get a good price on France after their last two performances.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    It's lining up to be a corker.
                    It certainly is

Paul O'Connell can deal it out as well as anyone, and that's why the Irish worry me a bit. Still, if they get to the final I'll be adding to their support. Please don't let NZ win it.
                    I love Paul O'Connell

Agreed about NZ though. If it has to be a SH team, SA will get my cheers.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X