• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Belgium near banking collapse?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belgium near banking collapse?

My Dutch is not great, I think I understood the federal govt is ready to guarantee 100.000 euro on each bank account. Can anybody confirm that? (not that I have any money in any Belgian banks, anyway...)
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    My Dutch is not great, I think I understood the federal govt is ready to guarantee 100.000 euro on each bank account. Can anybody confirm that? (not that I have any money in any Belgian banks, anyway...)
    Your categorisation skills aren't too hot either - this was in Light Relief. Or am I missing the joke?

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      Your categorisation skills aren't too hot either - this was in Light Relief. Or am I missing the joke?

The ultimate in bad taste.

Comment

Yes correct.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

My guess would be that there is a small number of bad banks, they would only fail if there was a run on the bank. The federal govt have steped in to try to stop any run. Most people don't keep more than 100.000 euro in any one one account. People with more than 100.000 euro already know which bank to keep their money in.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

We fought a war to have the comma used to mark the 1000. As the Normandy landings took place troops were asked to shout "no dots on the left of the decimal" and we fought our way to Berlin to make the point that we know where the point should be.

Comment

how come the euro gets three decimal places and we only get two.
              who the FCK do they think they are ?
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

no, wait. mine is right.

its a comma issue. who the FCK do they think they are ?
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  how come the euro gets three decimal places and we only get two.
                  who the FCK do they think they are ?
                  Because they've got more cents than money?

Comment

Working...
                  X