• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent invitations on LinkedIn - new tactic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent invitations on LinkedIn - new tactic

I've received 3 new invitations on LinkedIn from agents.
    Usually I would bin them without a single thought.

...this time however, with new LinkedIn profile pictures, I'm not so sure...

These agents are all extremely 'foxy' female agents . One of them even has a photo of said agent wearing a strapless dress and a suggestive look on her face.. either that or she's topless

I've never worked via a female agent.. do all female agents look like this?

Haven't had any of those - I have accepted a few linkedin requests from agents - my settings are that they can only see mutual contacts so they can't spam anyone in my network they don't already know.

That said, they have all been 1000% useless at actually getting me any work. They always have loads of stuff going on until actually need a gig. More fool them though - my last few gigs were word of mouth with nominal commission paid to friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      Haven't had any of those - I have accepted a few linkedin requests from agents - my settings are that they can only see mutual contacts so they can't spam anyone in my network they don't already know.

That said, they have all been 1000% useless at actually getting me any work. They always have loads of stuff going on until actually need a gig. More fool them though - my last few gigs were word of mouth with nominal commission paid to friends.
      Yeah yeah. I always respond with "I can meet you for coffee or beer to talk about these job opportunities". None of them has taken me up on the offer - and No, I havent got my photo on linkedin before you ask.

Actually, one of them bit and i'm meeting her in a few weeks.

If I get a few beers out of a great looking chick I don't mind being harassed on linkedin.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        I've received 3 new invitations on LinkedIn from agents.
        Usually I would bin them without a single thought.

...this time however, with new LinkedIn profile pictures, I'm not so sure...

These agents are all extremely 'foxy' female agents . One of them even has a photo of said agent wearing a strapless dress and a suggestive look on her face.. either that or she's topless

Try this:

Search by Image · Inside Google Search
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Fact: There are no women on the internet.

The more strenuously they insist that they really are women, the more likely they are to be sweaty fat beardy truckers called Dave.

Comment

This thread is useless without pictures!
            Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              From my experience: no, only 99% of them are foxes
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

The foxy ones are a pain in the ass. They rely far too much on fluttering eyelashes and word searching c.v's. I'd rather deal with a slightly less gorgeous bird that speaks my language and understands what the industry is about...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  The foxy ones are a pain in the ass. They rely far too much on fluttering eyelashes and word searching c.v's. I'd rather deal with a slightly less gorgeous bird that speaks my language and understands what the industry is about...
                  I'd rather have an agent who can stun the client into taking on contractors
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    I'd rather have an agent who can stun the client into taking on contractors
                    Most of the time they are different peeps. Account managers engage end customers. The pimps then whore us out. They C.V sift and then give the word matches to the account manager... I want my pimp to understand the differences between transferable skills and technology specific parts in a CV.

Hardware design is transferable to any platform or vendor. Perl scripting is a specific skill. You don't look at a Perl scripting CV for Java role, but once you have a candidate that is regularly designing infrastructure for BIG data centre implementations, Its a fair bet that they can design hardware solutions... you don't need to ask if its HP / DELL or IBM...

Comment

Working...
                    X