• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another great Labour achievement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great Labour achievement

London 'being turned into apartheid-era Johannesburg', says head - Telegraph

The results of encouraging large scale unchecked immigration.

Universities are still doing their bit:

UK Border Agency to investigate illegal market in University of Wales diplomas - Wales News - News - WalesOnline

Comment

We should have another war with the Germans, get these kids out into the countryside.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        We should have another war with the Germans, get these kids out into the countryside.
        There're still parts of rural Shropshire where they shoot "darkies" on sight and shove kids up chimneys.

Not one of your best ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          There're still parts of rural Shropshire where they shoot "darkies" on sight and shove kids up chimneys.

Not one of your best ideas!
          They might have an adventure in the back of a wardrobe and see a fantasy land populated with talking beavers and lion kings (with a giant bag of meow meow).

Comment

Segregation itself is inevitable as people feel more comfortable in a community that is familiar in culture to their own.

So London (though it is happening in all cities and major towns) is really just like the world on a different scale, with each community representing their 'home' country on a cultural level.

You're bound to get conflicts on a local basis like you do on a country basis, as people try to force their ideals and culture on others because they inherently think theirs is the best, aided by religion of course.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              Segregation itself is inevitable as people feel more comfortable in a community that is familiar in culture to their own.

So London (though it is happening in all cities and major towns) is really just like the world on a different scale, with each community representing their 'home' country on a cultural level.

You're bound to get conflicts on a local basis like you do on a country basis, as people try to force their ideals and culture on others because they inherently think theirs is the best, aided by religion of course.
              Odd isn't it though. Many of those communities have fled their homelands because they are tulip holes. Yet they wish to recreate them in the UK, some even want to inflict the values that have devastated their homelands on the indigenous population.
              Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                London 'being turned into apartheid-era Johannesburg', says head - Telegraph

The results of encouraging large scale unchecked immigration.
                I lived there during that time. Not a nice place to be, i.e. different entrances to shops for blacks and whites, blacks only on the top deck of a bus, etc.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Why's it specifically a labour achievement?

1st time I lived in London was just before I went to uni in the early 90's, tory government, and I distinctly remember areas then that were majority black, jewish, asian, whatever.

Big global cities with an immigrant population, all follow a similar patter. People generally congregate around their own kind. It's human nature, nothing to do with the government in power at the time.

More immigration yes you could pin on labour, but that's not the point of this article.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                    Why's it specifically a labour achievement?

1st time I lived in London was just before I went to uni in the early 90's, tory government, and I distinctly remember areas then that were majority black, jewish, asian, whatever.

Big global cities with an immigrant population, all follow a similar patter. People generally congregate around their own kind. It's human nature, nothing to do with the government in power at the time.

More immigration yes you could pin on labour, but that's not the point of this article.
                    Labour may not have created it, but they are guilty exacerbating it.
                    The older established migrants slowly dissipate into the wider community and although distinct areas remain they are less identifiable.
                    With the rapid expansion of immigration encouraged by NL we now have fractured cities with what can only be described as foreign enclaves.
                    With cosmopolitan cities like London we also see ancient rivalries transferred onto British soil.
                    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Working...
                    X