• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Date update…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date update…..

We sent a photo of each other from the mirror Saturday afternoon and met at a Tapas bar in Manchester around 6-ish, we both only just got our last trains home after I ensured she got her train from Victoria and I got mine at Picadilly. Just about time for a very quick cheek peck as dashed for a taxi to get my train 8 minutes after….. by 30 secs to spare!

We hit it off very well – just chatting away, nothing awkward. We seemed to click very well.

She works 12 hour days, 2 off, 2 on but does additional days for extra money. Hence after work not much of an option for meeting up.

Pushed her for a drink this evening – busy with friends.

Said Thursday after work also good – this prompted a message back saying I am from an affluent background (yes, I am a permie with a Focus) and she is not, so it will not work.

I reply back pointing out that it does not bother me, I like what I have seen, and think we should have another drink or two to see how we get on.

She replies back along the lines of forget the message, and would like to meet up, but next week.

Thinking it is easier to stay single – this is too much blinking hard work!!

at last, an interesting thread on an otherwise dull day.
    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
      at last, an interesting thread on an otherwise dull day.
      Where?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

This could make most interesting thread of the decade, and the decade isn't even over yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          She works 12 hour days, 2 off, 2 on but does additional days for extra money. Hence after work not much of an option for meeting up.
          Grow some balls Wilmsley - tell her it's either her job or you and that you won't accept any competition between the two.

Comment

Wilmslows threads cheer me up.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Grow some balls Wilmsley - tell her it's either her job or you and that you won't accept any competition between the two.
              That's nowhere near offensive enough for Wilmsy. He should offer to pay her for the time she spends with him.

Comment

She very nearly missed her train and came back to mine instead - safe assumption that the way we were hotting up was that we would have had a very good end to the evening - my own fault for reminding her about getting her train. That will teach me

Pondlife - I aim to please sir

Comment

She very nearly missed her train and came back to mine instead - safe assumption that the way we were hotting up was that we would have had a very good end to the evening - my own fault for reminding her about getting her train. That will teach me

Pondlife - I aim to please sir
                  You gave her the brush off by taking her to her train. Now you'll need to fight to get her back. Send some flowers to her work and really scare her.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Next time change your watch an hour back and during the evening casually say that there is loads more time left ...

Comment

Working...
                    X