• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Proper bedwetters!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper bedwetters!

Can't eat a hot curry cos I'm a big girl

A 'world’s hottest curry-eating contest' turned into a disaster after two of the participants were admitted to hospital, the Scottish Ambulance Service has said.

The ‘Killer Kismot Curry’ contest, held in aid of a children’s charity, took place at the Kismot Indian restaurant in Edinburgh on Saturday afternoon.

While battling it out, some of the contestants became unwell, reacting badly to the curry by vomiting and fainting.

“I first went to hospital at around 4pm and the second time was at 9pm. It got really bad. I have never endured such pain in my life.”
    I recall sitting in Cafe Shimla, Wellington St, Luton, well gassed up with one of my Indian chums asking for the manager to tell the chef to "make it as hot as possible for this lad as he needs to be knocked down a peg or two".

Ate the whole lot, sweat pouring off my fat guzzling head into my dinner, with the waiters and managers watching and laughing.

I shall look into attending next years contest to raise the bar.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It was very painful and felt like I was being chainsawed in the stomach with hot sauce on the chainsaw.
      Oh dear.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

My wife's a total spice wuss and thinks I'm tough but in reality I draw the line at madras... I don't get the fun of eating something which causes physical pain.

My favourite curry is hard to find round here - a hot korma/mosalla/passanda. Lovely to mix creamy sauce with a kick of chilli.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          My wife's a total spice wuss and thinks I'm tough but in reality I draw the line at madras... I don't get the fun of eating something which causes physical pain.

My favourite curry is hard to find round here - a hot korma/mosalla/passanda. Lovely to mix creamy sauce with a kick of chilli.
          I'm a madras man most of the time. Vindaloo every now and then. And a Phal, well that's just for acting the hard man when you had just started eating out as a young'un.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Perhaps we can have a MF/SY curry-off - see who's the real man. None of this cage fighting malarkey.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
              Perhaps we can have a MF/SY curry-off - see who's the real man. None of this cage fighting malarkey.
              Could cost a bit, they don't strike me as 'salad men'.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

If it's a proper challenge, then no rice, bread or drinks are allowed during the challenge.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Does anyone watch the man Vs food programs on sky? God knows how he does half of these challenges.

Comment

I grow Bhut Jolokias (Ghost chillies), which were the hottest chillies on earth for a while. In my first year of growing them, I came home from a week away, saw one that was ripe, and decided to have a bite of it, and took a fair chunk of it. To say it caused me some anguish is a tad of an understatement in that it took about 30 minutes for me to regain the ability to speak, caused such stomach pain that I thought I'd injured myself, made me sweat like only a session with a very dirty woman would and, well, without being (more) base, made me spend from 2am until 6am sat on the toilet groaning. 4 years later and I pickle them and use them at meals as well, pickles. You get used to heat. Every year I get my friends around and we all have one, straight from the plant. I can now eat one without much of what happened before, but jesus, do they smart. I use them in chillies and curries, and even the wife likes them now.

I'd be into a nice spicy curry off next year in Edinburgh; it's a simpleton who thinks she can just eat something like that just because she likes hot food...

Comment

Working...
                    X