• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muslim alarm clock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muslim alarm clock

In the Suity household we have an Asda smart price radio alarm clock. Very basic, only a fiver and does the job.

The tuner is manual and there seems to be a muslim channel on air very close to our usual "Diverse FM" station. Last night while retuning the missus hit on some Muslim music, the usual kind of male singer with no backing. She shrugged her shoulders and said "Well, it is diverse FM and this is diverse, must have the right station"

Wrong. This morning was like a call to prayer in Tikrit. Out of bed like a shot, the pair of us.

Tonight she says we should keep it on the same station.

At least I get to work on time.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

"Muslim music"? you horrible racist man.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        WHS

Tottenham fans are just inherent racists. Any cards you want to play in your defense???

Comment

Luton... nice
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            WHS

Tottenham fans are just inherent racists. Any cards you want to play in your defense???
            I think you're missing the real issue here. This is a contractors forum, WTF is Asda smart price.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              WTF is Asda smart price.

Possibly akin to Waitrose 'essentials' range?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                In the Suity household we have an Asda smart price radio alarm clock. Very basic, only a fiver and does the job.

The tuner is manual and there seems to be a muslim channel on air very close to our usual "Diverse FM" station. Last night while retuning the missus hit on some Muslim music, the usual kind of male singer with no backing. She shrugged her shoulders and said "Well, it is diverse FM and this is diverse, must have the right station"

Wrong. This morning was like a call to prayer in Tikrit. Out of bed like a shot, the pair of us.

Tonight she says we should keep it on the same station.

At least I get to work on time.
                We have some Muslim pirate station, ironically the signal is very strong at our church. Bizarre when we turned on the car late at night after music practice and heard chanting...
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  We have some Muslim pirate station, ironically the signal is very strong at our church. Bizarre when we turned on the car late at night after music practice and heard chanting...
                  Aha. Radio Somali. Shiver me timbers.

Comment

Didn't know ASDA did them.

Edit: actually I could believe that ASDA in Luton get them in especially.
                    Last edited by Freamon; 5 October 2011, 22:39.
                    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                    X