• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google ads sponsored links scam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google ads sponsored links scam

E111 - Renew Online | renewehic.org
    The E111 has been replaced by the EHIC. Renew Online.
    htp://www.renewehic.org

Would like to complain to Google about this…..

I wanted a replacement EHIC card for my hols next week, as lost mine. I know the card is free, but when I clicked on the replacement card link, thought fair enough for a £10 charge as I had already had one. Had no reason to think google top search result would not be the NHS site for this.

Completed payment including NI number, card details, address, email address. A few minutes got an email back saying yes, your NI number is valid, please call the NHS operator and ask for a new card, and thanks for the fish.

Registered office is in Belgium.

Cancelled my debit card straight away.

Fizzing is not the word…….

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    E111 - Renew Online | renewehic.org
    The E111 has been replaced by the EHIC. Renew Online.
    htp://www.renewehic.org

Would like to complain to Google about this…..

I wanted a replacement EHIC card for my hols next week, as lost mine. I know the card is free, but when I clicked on the replacement card link, thought fair enough for a £10 charge as I had already had one. Had no reason to think google top search result would not be the NHS site for this.

Completed payment including NI number, card details, address, email address. A few minutes got an email back saying yes, your NI number is valid, please call the NHS operator and ask for a new card, and thanks for the fish.

Registered office is in Belgium.

Cancelled my debit card straight away.

Fizzing is not the word…….
    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

IMPORTANT: EHIC are a third party data processor and check and send service registered with the UK Data Protection Public Register (Number Z2497964) to collect and retain European Health Card applications. This website is not connected to or affiliated with the National Health Service, the Department of Health, the NHSBSA or any other official Government body. You can apply independently and free of charge for a European Health Card by visiting the official website. EHIC is a third-party data processor for European Health Insurance Card applications.

It's all there at the bottom of the page.

Comment

A fool and his money are soon parted.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          IMPORTANT: Wilmslow is a clueless feckwit.
          Ftfy

Comment

This is such a well known thing.
            I do not live in the UK mostly, but even I have seen "consumer champions" telling the world not to use any other sites than the NHS official.

** I did mine last month for free!
            Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Completed payment including NI number, card details, address, email address.

I predict there are one or more fake EHIC cards being printed with your details.

Hopefully they don't link medical records and don't google you, or the first scammer to try to use your card will be given a supply of adult nappies and a book called 'Life, WTF Is That All About?".
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Too late now, but Google Ads turn up links to much worse scams than that and Google gives a very passable impression of not caring less.

On the other hand, Google streetview can be very handy for checking the address of a "business" and/or the domain registrant.

Comment

Had no reason to think google top search result would not be the NHS site for this.
                  Absolutely! It's a well known fact that Google employs a staff of several trillion to try out every combination of search terms that might possibly be used in any present or future eventuality by anybody on Earth, and then check that the first result is the correct one according to whatever criteria any searcher might have for "correctness".

FFS

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Absolutely! It's a well known fact that Google employs a staff of several trillion to try out every combination of search terms that might possibly be used in any present or future eventuality by anybody on Earth, and then check that the first result is the correct one according to whatever criteria any searcher might have for "correctness".

FFS
                    Yeah - and I for one would rather the NHS spends money on SEO than cancer treatments

WNFS

Comment

Working...
                    X