• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Rail Network in this Country

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rail Network in this Country

primary school children could run it better
    Coffee's for closers

Trains are just too popular:

Great Britain - Rail Passenegers by Year

Comment

Its all good here in Virgin First Class. wine is plentyful and palatable, plenty of room.
      World's Best Martini

Comment

Haven't used a train for a long time and no plans to unless there's no other choice.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

I'm saying nothing. But the bus driver apologised at the weekend for being one minute late.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            I'm saying nothing. But the bus driver apologised at the weekend for being one minute late.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Pre-recorded apologies here!

Seriously though, how network rail and the train operators can consistently **** up the trains to the extent they do is just beyond belief.

This morning I almost lost it, every ticket window manned by a trainee and a trainer, massive queues and its rush hour. Simple common sense would be to either train them off peak time or to train one at a time so at least the customers aren't impacted by the that days extra level of incompetence.
              Last edited by Spacecadet; 6 October 2011, 21:05.
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                Pre-recorded apologies here!

Seriously though, how network rail and the train operators can consistently **** up the trains to the extent they do is just beyond belief.

This morning I almost lost it, every ticket window manned by a trainee and a trainer, massive queues and its rush hour. Simple common sense would be to either train them off peak time or to train one at a time so at least the customers aren't impacted by the that days extra level of incompetence.
                The ToCs run the ticket offices though, not NR.
                "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                  The ToCs run the ticket offices though, not NR.
                  Network rail ****ed up the network which led to me starting the thread
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Network rail ****ed up the network which led to me starting the thread
                    Yeah it was fine before.
                    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                    X