• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank of England governor fears crisis is 'worst ever'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank of England governor Mervyn King has said this financial crisis could be the worst the UK has ever seen.

His comments came after the Bank authorised the injection of a further £75bn into the economy through quantitative easing (QE).

Explaining the move Sir Mervyn told Sky News: "This is the most serious financial crisis we've seen at least since the 1930s, if not ever." ...
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

And still Antole Kaletsky in the Times says it's nothing to do with Gordon Brown.

Kaletsky is always wrong. I'm surprised he's still employed by the Times. It's time he moved to the Daily Mirror. Or the Grauniad if he insists on using polysylabalic words. Is polysylabalic a word?

(As an aside, a few weeks ago he reviewed Alistair Darling's book. In a nutshell, he interpreted it as saying what a nice guy Gordon was to work with.)

Comment

This £75billion QE is just to give the banks enough of a buffer to sit it out while Greece defaults, shirley?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Just the kind of reassuring words you really want to hear from such a chappy.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

But I suppose if he lowers expectations, anything above that is a bonus and partly thanks to his genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Maybe adds justification to go on another printing binge. Isn't it his fault we are in this pickle in the first place?

Comment

The time to worry is when "Merv the swerve" says "Right, **** this for a game of banking, I'm off!".

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                And still Antole Kaletsky in the Times says it's nothing to do with Gordon Brown.

Kaletsky is always wrong. I'm surprised he's still employed by the Times. ..
                Carrying on the tradition of that other reliable south compass, William Rees-Mogg, aka Mystic Mog.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                X