• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky+HD Remote on standard Sky+ box?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky+HD Remote on standard Sky+ box?

Ok, its a technical question, but not really IT related, so feel free to move to another section!

My Sky+ remote has died - will one of the new black Sky+HD remotes work with my old white Sky+ (non-HD) box?

you could try pointing it in the right direction and pressing some buttons

If it works then fantastic

if not, get a new remote
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Joeman View Post
      Ok, its a technical question, but not really IT related, so feel free to move to another section!

My Sky+ remote has died - will one of the new black Sky+HD remotes work with my old white Sky+ (non-HD) box?
      Was in a similar position myself a few weeks ago and from the basic research I did, I got the impression it wouldn't work.

Ended up buying a replacement from eBay which the seller swore was a genuine Sky manufactured remote but upon receipt, it was clear it wasn't.

Tempted to open a PayPal 'case' against the seller but it's only £9. Having said that, every time I use the remote I re-consider as it is so f'ing annoying.

Comment

Working...
      X