• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Officially Benched on Monday for the first time in my life...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officially Benched on Monday for the first time in my life...

As the title says, I will be officially benched as of Monday for the first time in a 12 year (on and off) contracting career. Always walked out of one into another.

Mostly due to my stupidity I hasten to add. I had a role secured 4 weeks ago which just needed a "final sign off by HR" at a big financial...that was 4 weeks ago. I only started to look a week ago for other stuff just in case this doesn't come off, which is looking increasingly unlikely even though they say it is still a go-er.

Schoolboy error on my part I think, should've carried on looking until the paperwork was in my hand.

Any kind words of consolation....?

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
    As the title says, I will be officially benched as of Monday for the first time in a 12 year (on and off) contracting career. Always walked out of one into another.

Mostly due to my stupidity I hasten to add. I had a role secured 4 weeks ago which just needed a "final sign off by HR" at a big financial...that was 4 weeks ago. I only started to look a week ago for other stuff just in case this doesn't come off, which is looking increasingly unlikely even though they say it is still a go-er.

Schoolboy error on my part I think, should've carried on looking until the paperwork was in my hand.

treat it like a holiday, and get looking

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Are you 'avin a larf?
      Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
      Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Sorry your cat died.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

See you in the pub!

Comment

I don't know how to put this gently, but you'll probably never work again now with a great big two week gap in your CV.

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              I don't know how to put this gently, but you'll probably never work again now with a great big two week gap in your CV.

Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

It'll be grand, he just has to say he's been in prison for the duration. Best way to cover gaps on your CV imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  It'll be grand, he just has to say he's been in prison for the duration. Best way to cover gaps on your CV imo.
                  Solves those SC questions quickly as well.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Solves those SC questions quickly as well.
                    Yep, win/win.

Comment

Working...
                    X