• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Afternoon All

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon All

just in case you're wondering why I'm quiet,

I'm doing a refresh and have another 8 to do after this

oh well pays the bills dunnit

as an aside, it's good to see lots of new faces here

SY01, nothing since June, understood, you said before that your 'warchest' would last until September

what to do ?

hmmm, stop working, communicate clearly to your line management the issue and say you
    are taking time off to go to the consultancy middle man, speak personally to the people involved and get this situation sorted out

atb

Milan.

You know something? You must be psychic!

Just this morning I was thinking "I wonder where that little gad-about MilanBenes is this morning, I've not seen him for a while..."

Actually I wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      just in case you're wondering why I'm quiet,

I'm doing a refresh and have another 8 to do after this

oh well pays the bills dunnit

as an aside, it's good to see lots of new faces here

SY01, nothing since June, understood, you said before that your 'warchest' would last until September

what to do ?

hmmm, stop working, communicate clearly to your line management the issue and say you
      are taking time off to go to the consultancy middle man, speak personally to the people involved and get this situation sorted out

atb

Milan.

Do keep us informed of what you are up to Milan, without you our world would fall apart
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

i can imagine

hence the update

damn database restore won't complete because the rollforward won't complete

bugger

Milan.

Comment

i can imagine

hence the update

damn database restore won't complete because the rollforward won't complete

bugger

Milan.
          Tapes!!! For the love of all that is holy remember the tapes!!!

Comment

yes it cannot find the redo logs

and I cannot get the damn db out of roll forward state no matter how I try

oh well

Milan.

Comment

yes it cannot find the redo logs

and I cannot get the damn db out of roll forward state no matter how I try

oh well

Milan.
              Have you tried bleeding the radiator?

HTH
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

aye

Milan.
                Last edited by milanbenes; 7 October 2011, 11:51.

Comment

Working...
                X