• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Proud as heck

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proud as heck

Excitement in North Wales yesterday for the EO daughter number 1.

She's started her job as a paramedic a few weeks ago, and she was in Wales yesterday doing 'blue light' training, with another noob and a driving instructor.
    There was a serious road collision and no other vehicles were available so the control room asked if they were up for it.
    When they got to the scene there was an ambulance with two crew, but one was a driver, the second a technician, they weren't qualified to do the neccessary. She said they looked at her, the police looked at her, and she thought 'there must be 40 years of professional experience there, all waiting on me'
    anyway, she boinged into action, got a canular(whatever that is) into a youth who was about to die, sorted the others out who had minor injuries, then took the youth to the hospital.

meanwhile I am working on a particularly tough vb loop. puts it all into perspective really

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

I suppose it could be quite a satisfying job so long as you can handle the less than successful outcomes.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I suppose it could be quite a satisfying job so long as you can handle the less than successful outcomes.
      I know. I keep getting 'Object not found' . its depressing
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Do they ever use the blue light to get home on time?

Comment

That's excellent news.

EO I love your sense of humour; you're my favourite poster here on CUK.

Now how old is your daughter, and does she have big ....

Comment

Originally posted by FudgePacker View Post
            Ooo yes please..

I always like my men to be assertive., bend me over now
            That's excellent news.

Wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Wtf?
              Each-way bet, my dear

Comment

That's excellent news.

Each-way bet, my dear

Ahhh, desperate.

Understood.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  Excitement in North Wales yesterday for the EO granddaughter number 1.

She's started her job as a paramedic a few weeks ago, and she was in Wales yesterday doing 'blue light' training, with another noob and a driving instructor.
                  There was a serious road collision and no other vehicles were available so the control room asked if they were up for it.
                  When they got to the scene there was an ambulance with two crew, but one was a driver, the second a technician, they weren't qualified to do the neccessary. She said they looked at her, the police looked at her, and she thought 'there must be 40 years of professional experience there, all waiting on me'
                  anyway, she boinged into action, got a canular(whatever that is) into a youth who was about to die, sorted the others out who had minor injuries, then took the youth to the hospital.

meanwhile I am working on a particularly tough vb loop. puts it all into perspective really

FTFY

stop trying to kid us about your age
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

A cannula is some kind of tube to drain fluid. So probably some kind of blocked airway.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X